Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a nine-day backpacker road trip around Kinnaur Valley the land of apples and stunning landscapes which is still very much unexplored and untapped. Our road trip takes travellers to the towns of Kalpa, Sangla and the nomadic villages of Rakcham and Chitkul the latter being last village on the Indo-Tibet border.
TRIP COST: Rs. 17,500 + 5% GST = Rs. 18,375/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
This road trip will have a minimum of six backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office: +91 84549 61928/+91 9004594935
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along
- Valid Photo id proof with address & 5 photo copies.( No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Essentials to pack.
Day 2: Kinnaur
- Reach Shimla by 08:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering through the streets of Shimla.
Day 3: Kinnaur
- Leave early in the morning by 06:30 HRS for the town of Kalpa. (240km = 5 Hrs)
- Reach Kalpa around noon and check into a guest house.
- Post lunch, leave for the village of Kothi and visit the temple of goddess Chanadika Devi. (13km = 30 mins)
- Return back to Kalpa by 18:00 HRS.
Day 4: Kinnaur
- Post breakfast, leave for the town of Sangla. (39km= 2 Hrs)
- Reach Sangla by 11:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the town and the surrounding woods.
- Post breakfast, leave for the border village of Chitkul. (22 km = 1 Hr)
- Reach Chitkul and check into a guest house. (No Network Coverage)
- Spend rest of the day wandering through the village lanes and chill by the River Baspa.
- Post breakfast, leave for the nomadic village of Rakcham. (9km = 30 mins)
- Reach Rakcham and check into a guest house. (Weak Network Coverage)
- Visit the village temple and spend the rest of the day interacting with the friendly locals.
- Post breakfast, head back to the capital city of Shimla. (253km = 6 Hrs)
- Reach Shimla by 17:00 HRS and check into a guest house for the night.
- Rest of the evening at leisure.
- Last day in the Himalayas.
- Spend your time shopping in the Shimla bazaar or
- Chilling on Mall Road or the Ridge.
- Board an HRTC AC bus to New Delhi at 19:30 HRS.
- Reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here
To plan a trip to Himachal Pradesh, >>Click here