Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to an eight-day backpacking trip around the lesser-known Buddhist town of Rewalsar, the hidden high-altitude Parashar Lake in Mandi district and the backpacker hot spots of Kasol and Grahan in Parvati Valley. For more information please read our detailed blueprint.
Trip cost: Rs. 10,000 + 5% GST = Rs 10,500/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- All travel starts and ends at New Delhi.
- Entry Fees.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
tlow office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: email@example.com
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Essentials to pack.
- Board an HRTC AC bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Mandi at 18:00 HRS. (439km = 12 Hrs)
- Reach Mandi around 06:00 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Rewalsar, 23km from Mandi and reach by 07:00 HRS.
- Check into a monastery guest house overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the many eateries, gurudwara and monasteries around.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude Parashar Lake. (74km = 2.5 Hrs)
- Post lunch, return back to Rewalsar.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Post breakfast, board a local bus to Kasol via Mandi. (113km = 4.5 Hrs)
- Reach Kasol by lunchtime and check into a guest house.
- Take a walk around Kasol and hike to the village of Chalal.
- Spend evening on the banks of the river near Chalal.
- Post breakfast, hike from Kasol to Grahan. (10 Kms-4 Hrs)
- Spend rest of the evening strolling through the village.
- Spend the night in Grahan.
- Hike back down from Grahan and reach Kasol by 11:00 HRS.
- Reach Kasol and check into the same guest house.
- Last day in Kasol, spend first half of the day wandering through the streets or shopping.
- Pack up and leave for Kullu HRTC bus station by 14:30 HRS.
- Board an HRTC AC bus from Kullu to ISBT New Delhi by 18:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi by 10:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here
To plan a trip to Himachal Pradesh, >>Click here