Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to an eight-day backpacking trip around Dharamshala the lesser-known villages of Rewalsar and Parashar Lake in Mandi district and Mcleodganj is the land known as mini-Tibet because of the thousands of Tibetan refugees who call this place home. For more information please read our detailed blueprint.
Trip cost: Rs. 10,000/- + 5% GST= Rs. 10,500/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size).
- All travel starts and ends at New Delhi.
- Entry Fees.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions section.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers and a minimum of six backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Tlow Office: +91 8454961928
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Essentials to pack.
- Board TATA AC HRTC bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Mandi at 20:00 HRS (439km).
- Reach Mandi around 07:00 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Rewalsar, 23km from Mandi and reach by 07:00 HRS.
- Check into a monastery guest house overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the many eateries, Gurudwara and monasteries around.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude Parashar Lake. (74km = 2.5 hrs)
- Post lunch, return back to Rewalsar.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Post breakfast take a local ordinary H.R.T.C bus to Dharamshala. (111km = 4hrs)
- Reach Dharamshala by 1330 HRS.
- Take a local bus and reach Mcleodganj by 1430 HRS.
- Check into a guest house in Mcleodganj.
- Post breakfast, spend time in the town ‘The Dalai Lama’ calls home.
- Walk up to Dharamkot and chill by the Bhagsunag waterfall.
- In the evening, walk down the mall road to visit the St. John’s in the Wilderness Church.
Day 6: Dharamshala
- Leave early in the morning for a five hour hike to Triund 9269 ASL.
- Reach Triund around lunch time and check into tented accommodation.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling in a cafe or star gazing.
- Return back to Mcleodganj around lunch time and check into the same guest house. Dharamshala
- Post breakfast, seek the blessings at the Dalai Lama temple and also visit the Tibetan museum nearby.
- Walk down the Tibetan handicraft market and shops in the evening.
- Board a TATA AC HRTC bus from McLeodganj to New Delhi at 20:00 HRS.
- Reach New Delhi ISBT bus station by 07:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here