Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a backpacking road trip around the North Eastern states of Assam and Meghalaya. In Assam, we will backpack to Majuli, the largest river island in the world and Kaziranga National Park – the home of the one horn rhino. While in Meghalaya, we will make Shillong our base and visit the cleanest village in Asia and the living root bridge.
Assam and Meghalaya
TRIP COST: Rs 16,000 + 5% GST = Rs 16,800/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Air-fare to and from Guwahati.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This road trip will have a minimum of six backpacker.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
tlow office 1 :+91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: email@example.com
Must have things:
• Four Passport size photographs.
• Valid ID proof with photo and address. (No Pan Card)
• Essentials to carry
- Reach Guwahati at Paltan Bazaar by 13:00 HRS.
- Board a bus to Kaziranga National Park. (193km = 4 hours)
- Reach by 19:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the evening at leisure.
- Leave for an early morning jeep safari in Kaziranga National Park and spot the one horned rhino of Assam.
- Post breakfast, leave for Majuli-Assa the largest river island in the world.
- Reach Jorhat by bus and take a two hour ferry ride from Nemati Ghat to Kamlabari at Majuli.
- Check in to a tribal bamboo hut home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby villages.
- After breakfast, visit the villages of the Missing tribe, Deori tribe and Sunuwal Kosari tribe and try the local rice beer first hand.
- Post lunch, leave for Jorhat and then an overnight bus/train ride to Guwahati in Assam around 19:00 HRS.
- Arrive at Guwahati early in the morning and hop onto a shared jeep to Shillong. (99km = 3.5 hours)
- Reach Shillong by 10:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Post lunch, leave for local site seeing and visit Wards Lake, Butterfly Museum.
- Visit Bara Bazaar, the local Kashi market.
- Post breakfast, head to the Indo-Bangladesh open border town of Dawki. (82km = 2.5 hours)
- After the boat ride leave by jeep for Mowlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia.
- Also visit the living root bridge in the nearby village of Riwai.
- Return back to Shillong by 19;00 HRS.
- Post breakfast, leave by jeep for a day trip to Cherapunji.(54km = 1.5 hours)
- Visit the Seven sister falls and Mawsmai Caves.
- Return back to Shillong by sundown.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the bazaar.
- Hop onto a shared jeep from Police Bazaar at 08:00 HRS.
- Reach Guwahati Paltan Bazaar by 11:00 HRS.