Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh and Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, splendid monasteries and funny road captions.
Trip cost: Rs 19,500 + 5% GST = Rs 20,475
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
This road trip will have a minimum of 6.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack <Must Have>
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a Dal Lake house boat.
- Post tea, take a shikara boat ride around Dal Lake.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by J&K SRTC local bus.
- Visit Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- Enroute have a magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil – Tololing and Tiger Hill.
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS and check into guest houses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh Ladakh 216 km.
- Reach Leh Ladakh around 14:00 HRS and check into our Home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh Ladakh
- Leave early morning by car to the villages of Diskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La. (Highest motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft) – 150 km
- Spend night in guest house/home stay in the village of Hunder.
- After breakfast, pack up and head to the beautiful high altitude Pangong Tso via Shayok link road. (152 km = 4-5 hours)
- Reach the Tangsey home stay by lunch time.
- Post lunch, drive 30 kms and reach Pangong Tso by 15:30 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling near the beautiful Pangong Tso.
- Return to the home stay around dinner time in Leh Ladakh
- Leave early in the morning by 5.00 and drive directly to Manali (490 Km = 13 Hours)
- Reach manali by 18.00 hours
- Leisure day around the streets of Manali
- Last day in the Himalayas spend.
- Spend first half of the day shopping or cafe hopping in old Manali.
- Board a HRTC AC bus from Manali to New Delhi around 17:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.