Kelve fort is a marvel that is very close to Mumbai and a wonder for those who love historical monuments. it lies near the famed beach ahead of Virar and these are some things to keep in mind before heading to this place near Kelve.
10 Things to Avoid When in Kelve Fort:
1. Littering: Respect the environment by disposing of trash responsibly.
2. Defacing: Do not deface or damage the historical structures and ruins.
3. Noise Pollution: Keep noise levels low to preserve the peaceful atmosphere.
4. Removing Plants: Avoid plucking or damaging plants and wildlife.
5. Disrupting Wildlife: Do not disturb the local bird and animal species.
6. Climbing on Fragile Structures: Refrain from climbing on fragile fortifications.
7. Disrespecting Locals: Interact respectfully with the local fishing community and residents.
8. Open Fires: Avoid open fires, especially during dry seasons.
9. Bringing Pets: Leave pets at home, as they can disrupt local wildlife.
10. Ignoring Safety: Be cautious when exploring the fort’s steep edges and cliffs.
Things to Pack When Visiting Kelve Fort:
1. Comfortable Footwear: Wear sturdy and comfortable shoes for exploring the fort’s terrain.
2. Sun Protection: Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a wide-brimmed hat to shield yourself from the sun.
3. Water and Snacks: Carry sufficient water and some snacks for your visit.
4. Camera: Don’t forget your camera or smartphone to capture the breathtaking views.
5. Binoculars: If you’re a birdwatcher, pack binoculars for bird spotting.
6. Respectful Clothing: Dress modestly and respectfully, especially when visiting the temple.
7. First Aid Kit: Carry a basic first aid kit for any minor injuries or discomfort.
8. Trash Bags: Bring trash bags to collect your litter and maintain cleanliness.
9. Insect Repellent: Depending on the season, insect repellent can be handy.
10. Local Map: Carry a local map or GPS device to navigate the area effectively.
Visiting Kelve Fort promises not only a journey through history but also a tranquil escape into the lap of nature. It’s a destination where the echoes of the past harmonise with the whispers of the sea, creating an unforgettable experience for travellers.