Everyone plans to trek but the handful have got the guts to trek in one of the most harsh terrains on earth.
If you are planning to trek in Nepal then this blog will give you an insight of the best short trek to experience.
Moving forward due to the high altitude of most treks the oxygen level will reduce as you climb higher up so it’s advisable to take proper breaks and acclimatize yourself with the surrounding and while you are at it you can enjoy the majestic landscape high up the mountains.
- Kathmandu Valley : This is the easiest trek of all and probably the most interesting as you reach the top. You will get a Bird’s view of the entire valley. If you are in Pokharkar, the journey from Kathmandu to Pokharkar is just 15 -20 mins by buses which are economical but due to poor road conditions it might add to the minutes . Being the Capital and the largest city it is easy to commute to and fro without any fuss.
- The Chisapani : This trek requires three days of your life and is situated at an altitude of 2165 meters which is roughly 7100 ft. You can reach the base of this trek by hopping into a bus from Sundarijal which is 15 Kms from Nepal’s capital, Kathmandu. From Kathmandu to Sundarijal by bus it will take you about an hour to reach the base.
- Nagarkot : In order to reach this trek you will have to take a bus from Kamalbinayak Bus Park in Bhaktapur from Ratna Bus Stand in Kathmandu, which takes about an hour. Another 90 minute journey from Kamalbinayak following the Araniko Highway will land you in Nagarkot. The place gives a stunning view of Himalayas and you can see Mt. Everest on the northeastern side.
- Dhulikhel : Another scenic trek which will take your breath away literally as it is situated at 2300m ( 7545 ft)This place is 24 Kms from Kathmandu and two major highway i.e Highway and Arniko Highway passes through Dhulikhel. Araniko Highway connects Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital city with Tibet’s border town of Kodari. This trek can be done along the Nagarkot trek as they fall in the same place. There are home stays available in the village.
- Champadevi : This trek is at an height of 2278 m ( 7473 ft ) and is an easy leisure trek to the top. This is the third highest trek and while you are moving towards the top you will get a beautiful sight of Bagmati river. You can see Fulchoki hill on your right. Chandra Giri which is highest hill around Kathmandu Valley on your left
- Dhampus Sarangkot : The short Dhampus-Sarangkot trek can be described as an easy, but incredible rewarding journey along the foothills of the Annapurna range, with views of the Himalayan Panorama. Located at an altitude of 1600m ( 5249 ft) it is a trek for all age groups and irrespective of how many times you have been here there will always be something to see as you make your way up. You will need a permit for this from the ACAP( Annapurna Conservation Area entry Permit)
- Chandragiri – ChitLang trek : The journey start with a drive from Kathmandu to Matatirtha which will take you no less than 40 minutes is a famous Hindu temple which is the starting point of the trek. Situated at an altitude of 2300m ( 7545 ft ) You can also opt for a line cable which will take you 15 minutes to reach the top.
- Poon Hill trek : This three-day trek is essentially a small glimpse of what a longer Nepalese mountain trek is like. You’ll pass through quaint villages, thick jungles and over rivers, and up many, many stairs before ultimately ending up at altitude 3,200m (10498 ft) though it’s not a short trek like the others it will definitely be worth the time
- The Royal Trek : The Royal Trek is the ideal, easy option for travelers wanting to have an ‘off the beaten path’ experience. Because it’s less l known compared to other treks, this trek takes you through terraced rice fields and lush forests, and you’ll be greeted constantly with epic views of the Annapurna Mountain Range.
- Kalinchowk temple trek : To get to the base you will have to catch a bus from Kathmandu to Charikot and as you start to ascend you will pass through a town of Deurali. Most of the trail will be through forests especially during spring the colorful Rhododendron flowers which is the national flower of Nepal will be in bloom , a really impressive sight. For this trek you will need to dedicate two days as it is at an altitude of 3800 m ( 12,467 ft) So give yourself a good night sleep on the first day and rise up to see the sunrise which will motivate you for the next half of the trek.