Travel will teach you innumerable things if you master the courage to travel alone. It’s essential for self discovery and personal growth. When you step out to see the world, you meet people, explore different culture, languages and food. You learn a lot!
Here’s a list of 10 things that travel teaches you…
- Trust your gut – We often ignore our gut in our daily lives. This leads us to face repercussions and repent wishing we trusted our intuition. While travelling, you will realize that your intuition will be one of your greatest assets. The concept or thought of the unknown can make anyone quiver. Whilst travelling alone, you’re forced to trust your gut and jump feet first into new things. You slowly learn to understand people, places, plans and realize how safe or unsafe it would be. When you’re in a new place by yourself, you will learn to rely on your feelings.
- To Adapt -When you’re in the a new place by yourself, you get faced by some tough situations. While travelling you learn to make the best of it. When a luxury hotel is no longer available or way too pricy, you will learn to survive and stay in a guest house or a home stay. Travel teaches you to adapt. You will have to hold your head up and chalk this up to a new thrilling experience. Travel pushes you out of your comfort zone. If you truly love traveling, it is the best teacher that will help you master adaption.
- To make decisions on the go and prioritize – Delayed train or a cancelled bus, forced to figure out what to do next? Lost your way and you don’t speak the native language, adding to hassle your phone gets switched off? This is when you learn to make decisions on the go. Travel rambles your world upside down and you will learn to prioritize. Also on a broad note, it helps you realize what makes you happy and what you seek in life. Travel is prioritizing and keeping focus on what is needed in the moment.
- To value little things – Travel makes you a humble, kind person. It exposes you to different cultures and mentalities. It undoubtedly teaches to find joy and happiness in little things and in return makes you a simple, humble person. Specially, when you’re backpacking, you tend to carry fewer possessions and essential things. You learn to live without so many things you once thought were impossible to live without.
- Manage your money – How we wish we were millionaires and could travel as and when we wanted to? In reality, when we travel to far off places, we have to make sure we don’t drain our resources. Travel makes you responsible for every dime you spend. You only have the money you came with and you will learn to value your money unlike in any other situation. You will be quite stingy once you’re out there travelling solo.
- To make every moment count – In our routine life, we get lost performing our daily routine. We tend to ignore these little details or moments that define us. It’s different when we hit the road, there’s no time to crib when you are travelling by yourself. Remember, life’s short and we only live once. Travel opens your eyes to small ordinary things of life. With travelling, you experience and make the best even of toughest situations. That’s how to make the most of everything. These new experiences in turn help you grow.
- Broaden your perspective – It’s human nature to grumble about things. Travel helps you relate to all kinds of people. When we travel we are able to negate with such things. Travel helps you see different aspects of life. To understand that is important and what can be sidelined. Travelling helps broaden your perspective of the world and yourself. Your problem no longer seems foremost or paramount. You feel like a really tiny part of the universe and it leads you to having a positive attitude towards your tensions.
- Perfectly responsible of your own decisions – With great powers, comes great responsibility. Travelling alone comes with greater responsibility. Everything depends on you, you’re a master of your time. Make your own itinerary, chill, basically do what you want. Travelling solo gives your great flexibility and also makes your responsible for your own decisions.
- Enjoy your own company – Your confidence will grow as you see things and plans getting accomplished. Travelling solo makes you confident and you start to cherish your own company. Above else, traveling will teach you who you are. If you can travel alone, you really can do anything.
- Mingle with people – When you’re traveling by yourself, you tend to seek companionship. With no one to hide behind, you’ll learn to speak to strangers. You will learn to break out of your shell and make memories. Travelling alone helps you mingle with people and friendship that even might last a lifetime.
For a similar experience >> click here