Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Leh- Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monasteries and funny road captions.
Table of Contents
Leh Ladakh :
TRIP COST: ₹44,100/pp
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Travel to Srinagar and back from New Delhi.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be booked.
For booking and more information please call on the numbers mentioned below.
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Essentials to pack.
- Reach Srinagar by 14:00 HRS latest.
- Check into our Dal Lake houseboat for the night.
- Post-tea, go for a shikara boat ride around the lake.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by local government bus. (213 km = 6-7 hours)
- Visit Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- En route check out the magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil (Tololing and Tiger Hill).
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into guesthouses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh Ladakh. (216 km = 5-7 hours)
- Check into homestay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for local sightseeing by Suv/Tempo traveller.
- Visit the 3 Idiot school Sindguard – Shey – Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh LADAKH in the evening.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Leh Ladakh .
- Leave early morning by SUV/Tempo traveller to the villages of Diskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La (Highest Motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft). 150 km
- Spend the night in a guesthouse in the village of Hunder.
- After breakfast, pack up and head to the beautiful high altitude Pangong Tso via Shayok link road. (152 km = 4-5 hours)
- Reach the Tangsey homestay by lunchtime.
- Post lunch, drive 30 kms and reach Pangong Tso by 15:30 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling near the beautiful Pangong Tso.
- Return to the homestay around dinner time.
- Post breakfast, pack-up from Tangsey and head back to the town of Leh via Chang-La. (120km= 4-5 hours)
- Reach Leh Ladakh by 14:00 HRS and check into the same homestay for the night.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- Last day in Leh Ladakh , leisure day to do anything.
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace. or
- Wander the tiny lanes of Leh Ladakh or
- Go white water rafting. (Additional Cost)
- Board the early morning bus to Keylong.
- Reach Keylong by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into a guesthouse for the night.
- Board a local bus from Keylong to Manali by 05:00 HRS.
- Reach Manali post lunch.
- Board the HRTC AC bus from Manali to New Delhi in the evening by 17:30 HRS.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 08:00 HRS.