Here is The Land Out There’s blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh Ladakh during the peak of winter season. During this time one can see Ladakh’s natural beauty at its best, with snow-capped mountains and the cold desert covered in snow. The nights are longer and the days are majestic. Experience Ladakh like never before.
Trip cost: Rs. 16,000/– + 5% GST = Rs. 16,800/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Internal Travel in Ladakh.
- Entry Fee.
- Air fare to Leh Ladakh & back.
Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 travelers and a minimum of 6 travellers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office: +91 84549 61928/+91 9004594935
or mail us at Info@tlow.in
Things to carry:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 3 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack. (No other kind of bag will be allowed on the trip)
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Leh by 12 noon and check into an authentic Ladakhi homestay at Leh Ladakh
- Spend the rest of the day acclimatising to the sub-zero temperature in the room.
- Early in the morning, take an SUV/Tempo traveller and leave for a visit to the famous monasteries of Hemis, Thiksey and Shey.
- Return back to the home stay post lunch.
- Evening walk to the Leh Palace and explore the local winter markets in Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for the festival at Matho monastery and witness the culture, colour and music of Ladakh.
- Return back to Leh around tea time.
- Spend the rest of the evening, at leisure.
- Post breakfast, visit Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, magnetic hills and the Kargil War Memorial- Hall of Fame in Sham Valley.
- Walk to the Japanese built Shanti stupa in the evening.
- Leave early in the morning after breakfast for the village of Chilling and take a 30 min frozen river walk on the mighty River Zanskar.
- Return to Leh around 16:00 HRS and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Post breakfast, leave for Leh Airport to return back in time for the flight.
For a similar experience, >>Click here