Van Vihar is a beautiful riverside park located in the town of Manali in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on the banks of the Beas River and is popular among tourists for its serene atmosphere and lush green surroundings.
Nature in Manali
Van Vihar is spread over a vast area and is filled with tall deodar trees and colorful flowers, making it a perfect spot for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts. The park also has a small lake where visitors can enjoy boating. The calm and peaceful environment of Van Vihar offers a great escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Apart from its natural beauty, Van Vihar also has several amenities for visitors, including food stalls, picnic spots, and children’s play area. It is a great place for families to spend quality time together. The park is also a popular spot for morning and evening walks.
Entry to Van Vihar is ticketed, and the park remains open throughout the year. It is located near the Mall Road in Manali, making it easily accessible for tourists. Overall, Van Vihar is a must-visit destination in Manali for those looking to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
1. Van Vihar, Manali is also popularly known as the “Van Vihar National Park, Manali”. Van Vihar is spread over an area of approximately 3 hectares.
2. Van Vihar, Manali can be visited only in 1-2 hours. The park was established in the year 1983 to preserve the natural beauty of the area and provide an eco-friendly recreational space for visitors.
3. Best time to visit Van Vihar is between March-June. It is very good time to explore the beauty of this park. Van Vihar is known for its rich biodiversity, with a variety of flora and fauna species found within its premises.
4. Van Vihar is totally organized and maintained by the municipal corporation of Manali. The park is home to numerous deodar trees, which are a common sight in the Himalayan region.
5. The Van Vihar is situated in front of the Tibetan market on the Mall Road, Manali. Van Vihar is situated on the banks of the Beas River, offering beautiful views of the flowing water and surrounding mountains.
6. The Van Vihar Park is situated at the bank of Beas River. The park has a small artificial lake where visitors can enjoy paddle boating. This adds to the charm and recreational options available at Van Vihar.
7. The main attraction of the park is the beautiful man-made lake (artificial) situated in the middle of the park. Van Vihar is known for its peaceful and serene environment, making it a popular spot for meditation and yoga enthusiasts.
8. The Van Vihar Park is totally furnished with deodar trees and beautiful mountain flowers. The park is well-maintained and provides ample seating areas, making it a perfect place for picnics and family outings.
9. Boating, Picnic, Relaxation and photography are the popular activities to do in the Van Vihar Park. Van Vihar is easily accessible from the Mall Road in Manali, and parking facilities are available nearby for visitors.
10. Van Vihar Park is provided with nice concrete path as well as beautiful wooden benches. The park remains open throughout the year, allowing tourists to enjoy its beauty in any season. However, it is advisable to visit during pleasant weather conditions to make the most of the experience.
11. Van Vihar is famous for enjoying sunset view with the majestic mountains.
12. The Van Vihar Park is one of the best place to spend memorable time with loved ones.
13. Van Vihar Park is the home of a wide variety of flora and fauna, including several species of birds and animals.
14. There is a small zoo in the Van Vihar Park where visitors can see animals like the Himalayan black bear, leopard, and deer.
15. The Van Vihar Park gives a feeling of roaming the forest like the wooden benches, shady trees, buzzing bees, small pool.
Text by Ashutosh Kumar