Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, splendid monasteries and funny road captions.
Trip cost: Rs 21,000 + 5% GST = Rs 22,050/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Travel begins and ends at New Delhi
- Entry Fee
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
tlow Office : +91 8454961928
Tlow Office : +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Essentials to pack.
- Reach Manali by 09:00 HRS, check into a guest house near Old Manali.
- Post lunch, wander through the streets of Old Manali.
- Leave early in the morning by local HRTC bus to cross the world famous Rothang Pass and the reach the town of Keylong. (118km = 6-7 hours)
- Spend night in our guest house.
- Take the early morning HRTC bus to Leh. (358km = 12-15 hours)
- Reach Leh Ladakh by post afternoon and check into a home stay accommodation.
- Spend rest of the evening relaxing or wander through the lanes of Leh Ladakh
- After breakfast, leave for local site seeing around Leh Ladakh
- Visit the monasteries of Shey – Thiksey – Hemis.
- Return back to the guest house around 17:00 HRS.
- Leave early in the morning for a day trip to visit the villages of Hunder and Diskit in Nubra Valley via Khardung La. (Highest motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft)
- Post lunch, visit the sand dunes in Diskit and later visit Diskit Monastery.
- Post tea; at around 15:30 HRS return back to Leh by the same route via Khardung La pass.
- Reach Leh in time for supper.
- Spend rest of the evening in Leh wandering the streets or unwind in the home stay.
- Leave early in the morning for a 5 hour drive to the beautiful Pangong Tso via Man Mirak.
- Visit this high altitude lake and return back to Leh the same evening.
- Board the early morning bus back to Keylong.
- Reach Keylong by 17:00 HRS.
- Spend night in the same guest house.
- Board the early morning bus to Manali via Rothang Pass.
- Reach Manali by 12:00 HRS
- Board a local HRTC non Ac bus from Manali to New Delhi around 17:00 HRS.
- Reach New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.