Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a backpacking wilderness camping trip in Wai through the Western Ghats of Maharashtra which are now a UNESCO world heritage site.
*Trip cost:Rs 4500/-
To reach our campsite at Kelva. Campers have two option.
- Travel with the tlow team at Virar railway station by 14:30 HRS
- Self drive to our campsite and reach Kelva by 15:00 HRS
- Entry Fee.
- Food -> 2 veg breakfast dishes, 2 veg lunch dishes, 3 tea/coffee & snacks, one veg dinner, one veg & non-veg BBQ.
- Travel to Wai.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
This camping trip will have a minimum of 6 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963
For more information mail us at email@example.com
- Reach Wai by 14:00 HRS.
- Hop onto a local ST bus to the village of Nandgane.
- Reach the village of Nandgane by 15:00 HRS and check into our village homestay.
- Tea and light snacks will be served.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling by the River Krishna or explore the village.
- Dinner will be served at the homestay.
- Night stay is in the village homestay.
- Post breakfast, leave for a two-hour hike to Zakhmi Gad fort.
- Return back to the homestay around lunch time.
- Hike from the village of Nandgane and set up camp before sundown.
- Gather firewood and dinner on the banks of the River Krishna
- Veg & Non-Veg BBQ will be prepared on the bonfire. Night stay in tents. (Sleeping bags/ thick blankets needed!)
- After breakfast, pack up and visit the strawberry village of Parthawadi.
- Spend time in the strawberry fields.
- Post lunch, trip ends and we head back to Wai.
- Hop onto a local ST bus to reach Wai by 16:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here