Here is The Land Of Wanderlust blueprint to a road trip through the Trans Himalayan region of Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti Valley, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monastery’s and high altitude villages.
Table of Contents
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the email address mentioned below: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reach Srinagar by 12pm latest. Check into anyone of the local guest houses.
- Spend day visiting the old city of Srinagar and also some of the Mogul Gardens. Or
- Take Sikara ride around the Dal Lake.
- Leave early in the morning by 6am for the town of Kargil by suv, Trans Himalayan
- Visit Sonmarg known as the Meadow of Gold.
- Lunch at Drass the 2ndcoldest inhabited place in the world.
- Enroute have a magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil (Tololing, Tiger hill).
- Visit Vijay Smarak and pay tribute to the soldiers who lad their lives for us in the Kargil war of 1999.
- Reach Kargil by 5PM.
- Check into any one of the many guest houses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh 216 km. Trans Himalayan
- Check into Guest house/Home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for local sight seeing by car.
- Zangdok Spalgiri – 3 Idiot school Sindguard – Shey – Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh in the evening.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Leh.
- Leave early in the morning to visit the beautiful villages of Alchi – Lekri – Basgo.
- Return back to Leh in the evening. Trans Himalayan
- Spend the rest of the day in Leisure.
- Leave early morning by car to the villages of Deskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La (Highest Motor-able road in the World, 18,380 ft). 150 km Trans Himalayan
- Visit the village of Sumur and Panamik.
- Have a wash in the sulphur springs at Panamik.
- In the evening visit the sand dunes in Diskit. Trans Himalayan
- Spend a night in guest house/homestay in the village of Hunder.
- After breakfast pack up and head back to Leh by same Route, crossing Khardung La Pass.
- On route visit beautiful monastery in the village of Diskit. Trans Himalayan
- Reach Leh by afternoon. Check into the same guest house.
- Spend the rest of the evening in Leh or unwind in the guest house.
- Leave early in the morning for a six-hour drive by car to beautiful high altitude lakes of Tsomoriri – Tsokar and the village of Depring. Or Man Mirak via Pangong Tso. Trans Himalayan
- Spend the night in the village guesthouse/tented accommodation.
- After breakfast return back to Leh.
- Check into the same guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Leh.
- Last day in Leh, leisure day to do anything.
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace. or
- Wander the tiny lanes of Leh. or
- Go white water rafting.
- Board the early morning bus back to Keylong, in Lahaul Valley.
- Reach Keylong by 5pm.
- Check into a guesthouse for the night.
- After breakfast leave by car to visit the villages in Lahaul Valley.
- Visit the villages of Tandi, Sissu 25km and Batal, the coldest in the valley 105km.
- Spend the night in a guest house/homestay in the village of Batal.
- Leave early in the morning by 6 am and visit the beautiful lake of Chandar Tal and also cross the high altitude pass Kunzum La.
- Reach the village of Lasor by lunch and spend the night in the village guest house/homestay.
- After breakfast leave the high altitude village of Kibber 70km.
- Reach Kibber and check into guesthouse/homestay.
- Spend rest of the day in the village of Kibber.
- After breakfast visit the hill Monastery Key Gompa.
- Leave from Key Gompa to the town of Kaza.
- Reach Kaza and check into a guest house.
- Post lunch visit the Bazaar and also the Monastery.
- After breakfast leave for the village of Tabo.
- Reach Tabo and check into the Monastery guest house.
- Hike to the meditation caves, wander through the arid village of Tabo.
- Visit the 1000-year-old Tabo Monastery.
- After breakfast leave for the Tiny village of Nako 63km.
- Reach Nako by 1pm. And check into a guest house/homestay.
- Visit the beautiful village of Nako, lake and Monastery.
- Leave early in the morning by 6am for a long 315km drive to the Capital city of Shimla.
- Reach Shimla by noon. Check into a guest house.
- Spend rest of the day relaxing or wandering the streets of Shimla.
- Last day in the Himalayas.
- Wake up early or sleep till noon. Free first half of the day.
- Pack up and board Non-AC HRTC sleeper bus from Shimla to New Delhi by 7pm.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 9am.
For a similar experience, >>Click here