Here is a blueprint, taking backpackers through northern Rajasthan from the holy towns of Ajmer and Pushkar to the royal city of Jodhpur and then open air camping in the Thar desert.
TRIP COST: Rs 8500/-
- Entry Fee.
Only desert camping will include food.
This backpacking trip will have a minimum of six backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
or mail us at: email@example.com
- Meet at Ajmer Rajasthan by noon.
- Walk to the world-famous Ajmer Dargah. (1 KM walk)
- Visit the dargah and leave for the holy town of Pushkar.
- Check into a guest house and the spend rest of the evening relaxing.
- Post breakfast, visit the Lord Brahma temple and the holy ghats. or
- Wander through the market area and visit the Ghat.
- Board a train from Ajmer juction to Jodhpur at 14:00 HRS.
- Reach the ‘Blue City’ of Jodhpur by 19:30 HRS and check into a guest house for the night.
- After breakfast, walk through the splendid Mehrangarh Fort.
- Visit the fort, and spend time shopping in the local market of Jodhpur Rajasthan for the first half of the day.
- Post tea, board a train from Jodhpur Junction at 18:00 HRS to the Desert town of Jaisalmer.
- Reach Jaisalmer by 22:40 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Leave in the morning by 6:00 HRS for open air desert camping at Thar desert.
- En route visit the ‘Ghost Village’ of Kuldhara.
- Meet the desert nomads around 10:00 HRS and ride on a camel and start the camp.
- Spend the night sleeping under the open sky in Thar Desert.
- Return back to the guest house in Jaisalmer by 10:00 HRS.
- Post lunch, freshen up and walk to Jaisalmer Fort.
- Explore the fort and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
- Packup and leave for Jaisalmer railway station by 16:00 HRS.
- Reach Jaipur by 06:00 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here