Ahead of the city of Mapusa in Bardez, North Goa is the village of Moira that lies before the village of Aldona. Here are some facts about this sleepy yet serene place:
Moira, Goa Facts
1. Moira is a small village located in North Goa, India.
2. It is situated on the banks of the Mapusa River and is surrounded by lush greenery.
3. The village is also known as the “Cultural Capital of Goa” due to its rich history and cultural heritage.
4. It is home to several heritage houses and mansions that were built during the Portuguese colonial period.
5. The village has a unique blend of Indian and Portuguese architecture, which can be seen in the various structures like churches, temples, and houses.
6. The famous Moira River is a prominent attraction in the village, and it offers several recreational activities such as fishing and boating.
7. The village also has several art galleries and museums that showcase the local art and culture.
8. The best time to visit Moira is from October to March when the weather is pleasant and several festivals are celebrated in the village.
9. it is also known for its organic farming practices and has several farms and orchards that grow a variety of fruits, vegetables and spices.
10. The village has a relaxed and laid-back vibe, making it a perfect destination for those seeking peace and tranquillity.