The Konkan coastline in Maharashtra along the Arabian Sea is one of the most underrated and least explored parts of India. From white sand beaches to mouth-watering food and humble homestays. The Konkan coastline is one of the most beautiful parts of India.
If you’re looking for something offbeat and the Konkan beaches are on your bucket list then here is a list that will help you plan your road trip.
1. Ganapatipule Beach: Located in Ratnagiri district, Ganapatipule Beach is known for its pristine waters, soft sands, and the famous Ganpati Temple.
2. Tarkarli Beach: Situated in the Sindhudurg district, Tarkarli Beach is known for its clear turquoise waters, white sands, and water sports like snorkelling and scuba diving.
3. Alibaug Beach: Located in Raigad district, Alibaug Beach is a popular weekend getaway near Mumbai. It offers a long stretch of golden sand, scenic views, and historical attractions like the Kolaba Fort.
4. Diveagar Beach: Situated in the Raigad district, Diveagar Beach is known for its tranquility and natural beauty. It is also home to the famous Suvarna Ganesh Temple.
5. Kashid Beach: Located in Raigad district, Kashid Beach is renowned for its white sands, crystal-clear waters, and a peaceful atmosphere. It is a perfect spot for beach lovers and water sports enthusiasts.
6. Murud Beach: Situated in Raigad district, Murud Beach is famous for its picturesque shoreline, stunning views of the Arabian Sea, and the historic Murud-Janjira Fort.
7. Velneshwar Beach: Located in Ratnagiri district, Velneshwar Beach is known for its scenic beauty, silver sands, and the ancient Lord Shiva Temple located nearby.
8. Harihareshwar Beach: Situated in Raigad district, Harihareshwar Beach is a serene and secluded beach known for its calm waters and black sand. It is also home to the Harihareshwar Temple.
9. Malvan Beach: Located in the Sindhudurg district, Malvan Beach is popular for its clean white sands, blue waters, and water sports like snorkeling, scuba diving, and boating. It is also known for its lip-smacking seafood.
10. Shrivardhan Beach: Situated in Raigad district, Shrivardhan Beach is famous for its clear waters, sandy shores, and beautiful sunsets. It is a great beach destination for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Keep in mind that if you plan on exploring these beaches using public transportation then the red MSRTC state run buses are your only option. Very few places have shared taxis and Tuktuks to move from point A to B.
Accommodation is also slightly on the steeper side. Even though the place is relatively lesser known it’s costly as compared to other parts of India.