The beautiful and picturesque region of Mcleodganj in the Kangra valley of the Himalayas is home to more than a 1000 refugees from Tibet, the place has a spiritual aura surrounding it with monasteries, prayer flags and prayer wheels. On the other hand, Rewalsar is a small village in the Mandi district with a beautiful lake and small eateries serving simple delicious Indian food. Rewalsar is a perfect place to unwind away from the regular crowded spots to spend some quiet and peaceful time. Here is a blueprint to guide the backpackers who wish to visit Rewalsar, Mcleodganj and Dharamshala.
Trip cost: Rs. 8000/- + 5% GST= Rs. 8400/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- All travel starting and ending at New Delhi
- Entry Fees
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions section.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers and a minimum of 6 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW office: +91 8454961928
or mail us at: email@example.com
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Essentials to pack.
- Board bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Mandi at 1800 HRS. (439km)
- Reach Mandi around 0600 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Rewalsar, 23km from Mandi and reach by 0700 HRS.
- Check into a monastery guest house overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the many eateries, Gurudwara and monasteries around.
- Post breakfast take a local bus and reach Mandi by 1145HRS.
- From Mandi take a ordinary H.R.T.C bus to Dharamshala 127km.
- Reach Dharamshala by 1830 HRS.
- Take a local bus and reach Mcleodganj by 1930 HRS.
- Check into a guest house in Mcleodganj.
- Post Breakfast Spend time in the town The Dalai Lama calls home.
- Afternoon at leisure.
- Walk down the Tibetan handicraft market and shops in the evening.
- Post breakfast seek the blessings at the Dalai Lama temple and also visit the Tibetan Museum nearby.
- Walk up to Dharamkot and chill by the Bhagsunag waterfall.
- In the evening walk down the mall road to visit the St. John’s in the wilderness Church.
- Board a semi deluxe HRTC Non-Ac bus from McLeodganj to New Delhi at 1800 HRS.
- Reach New Delhi ISTB bus station by 0900 HRS.
For a similar experience, >>Click here