The Dalai Lama calls the beautiful and picturesque region of McLeod-Ganj in the Kangra Valley of the Himalayas his home. Along with more than a 1000 refugees from Tibet, the Buddhist spiritual guru was forced to seek asylum in this region. Here is a brief time-table to aid backpackers who wish to visit McLeod-Ganj.
This trip will cost Rs 10,000 + 9% ST = 10,900/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers and a minimum of 6 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
or mail us at: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry:
1. Valid ID proof with the address. (No college ID or PAN card)
2. Two passport size photographs.
- Reach McLeod- Ganj by 7 am. Check into any one of the numerous lodges or guesthouses.
- Spend time in the town The Dalai Lama calls home.
- Walk down the Tibetan handicraft market and shops.
- Another day in McLeod Ganj.
- Visit Bhagsunag water fall and temple.
- Also, visit the Dalai Lama temple and Tibetan Museum.
- Walk down from Mall road to visit St. John’s in the Wilderness Church.
- Leave from McLeod Ganj to the village of Naddi by auto-rickshaw.
- Spend the night in a guest house.
- Hike from Naddi to Thrundi which takes 6 hrs, spend night in tented accommodation. (No mobile network coverage)
- Leave from Thrundi and hike to Dharamkot which takes 5 hrs. Spend night in guest house there.
- Leave from Dharamkot to lower Dharamshala by local HRTC bus, taxi or auto.
- Board bus to Delhi at 8 pm.
- Reach New Delhi ISTB bus station by 9 am.
For a similar experience, >>Click here