If one is looking for a budget friendly RS 1000 camping place near Mumbai then the village of Kelve is an ideal place to travel to. To reach the village of Kelve from Mumbai there are two options, one is to drive there which is not more than a 20 minute drive from Virar and the second option is to board a shuttle train from Virar heading towards Dahanu and get off at Kelve road which is a 30 minute train ride.
Once in Kelve one has two main attractions to look forward to the village beach also know as the Kelve beach on the western side of the railway station and a lake created by a dam built on a nearby river which is on the eastern side of the railway station. The former being the more crowded attraction while the latter is relatively unknown and attracts barely any crowd.
To reach our campsite at Kelva. Campers have two option.
- Travel with the tlow team at Virar railway station by 14:30 HRS
- Self drive to our campsite and reach Kelva by 15:00 HRS
Things to Pack:
– ID proof.
– Change of clothes
Kelve camping Blueprint
– Reach Virar railway station by 14:30 HRS.
– Board train to Kelva Road by 15:05 HRS
– Reach Kelva by 15:30 HRS.
– Evening snacks by 16:15 HRS.
– Check into the campsite by 17:00 HRS.
– Leave for Kelva beach. ( 150 meters = 2 minutes)
– Evening beach activities.
– Sunset at the beach.
– Tomato soup. (19:00-19:30)
– Bonfire & BBQ Veg/Chicken. (20:00 – 20:30)
– Dinner: Veg/Chicken Thali. (21:00 – 22:00)
– Breakfast Poha or Bhurjee, Chai (09:00 – 10:00)
– Play outdoor sports (Rugby/Cricket/football)
– Lunch Veg/Chicken Thali. (12:30-14:00)
The cost for the above two plans are Given Below. GST of 5% will apply for each plan below.
For more information please contact us on the number mentioned below.
tlow office 1: +91 8454961928
tlow office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: email@example.com
The best time to visit is during the monsoon from July to September since the overcast conditions and the lush greenery. The dry winter months is also a good time to come camping as the night weather is pleasent.
If one is looking for a place that is offbeat and not too far away from Mumbai then Kelve is just the place for one to visit over the weekend and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city life.
For a similar experience, >>click here