Here is TLOW’s seven day blueprint around the North Eastern Himalayan gem of Tawang also known as the land of Monpas. Our road trip starts off from Guwahati in Assam and goes all the way to the Indo-China border covering some of the most remote villages in Arunchal Pradesh.
TRIP COST: Rs 16,000 + 5% GST = Rs 16,800/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 4 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpacker.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Ankit Chaube :+91 8454961928
TLOW Office : +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: email@example.com
Must have things:
• Four Passport size photographs.
• Valid ID proof with photo and address. (No Pan Card)
• Essentials to carry
Minimum age requirement 18+
- Reach Paltan Bazaar Guwahati by 13:00 HRS.
- Board a Non AC semi sleeper bus from Guwahati to Bomdila by 16:00 HRS. (338km = 9 hours)
- Leave in the morning by 06:00 HRS to the town of Dirang by shared sumo. (190km = 4 hours)
- Reach the high altitude river-side town and check into our guest house for the night.
- Post lunch, visit the river bank, town monastery and hot sulphur spring.
- Evening at leisure.
- Hop onto a shared sumo by 07:30 HRS for an adventurous and bumpy ride to the village of Tawang crossing the famous Sela Pass 13,746 ASL. (141km = 5 hours)
- Reach Tawang by 13:00 HRS and check into our guest house in the main market area.
- Post lunch, walk to the Tawang Gompa, the largest monastery in India.
- Also visit the museum and war memorial.
- Spend the rest of the evening, strolling through the market area.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude lakes around Tawang.
- First visit the Indo-China border at Bumla.
- Then drive to the famous Shungetsar Lake also known as Madhuri Lake by the locals.
- On the return back, visit the majestic P.Tso lake.
- Return back to Tawang by 17:00 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the flea market.
- Board a shared sumo by 06:00 HRS and return back via Sela Pass for a night halt at the town of Bomdila. (170km = 6 hours)
- Reach Bomdila by noon and check into a guest houses.
- Walk around this tiny town and experience the Buddhist life.
- Visit the Gompas or sit and watch the sunset or a game of football at the Buddha stadium.
- Board a shared sumo by 10:00 HRS to the town of Bhalukpong. (97km = 3 hours)
- Reach Bhalukpong by 13:00 HRS and check into a guest house for the night.
- Spend the last evening in Arunachal Pradesh along the Kameng river.
- River rafting in the Kameng river. (Additional Cost)
- Board a shared sumo by 06:00 HRS to Guwahati. (228km = 5 hours)
- Reach Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati by 12:00 HRS.