Backpacking is a great adventure for beginners. Visiting a foreign country is an even greater adventure. Backpacking includes various things like getting out of your comfort zone, travelling by local transport, meeting locals, being adventurous, staying in affordable lodging, etc.
When you go backpacking to a foreign country for the first time, try to pick a easy country as you are a beginner. You have to be aware of many things and plan accordingly, so here are some points which are going to definitely help you while backpacking to a foreign country –
- Destination– Picking a destination is a little tricky. You have to keep several things in mind while picking up a place. For example, if you are a summer person pick some place where the weather is hot. If you like mountains, you have to know that the weather can be super cold there. Choosing a destination according to your budget and so one. Check weather forecast of that place. While choosing a destination you have to be confident that you are going to enjoy fully there.
- Plan a little – Best memories come unexpectedly so it is better to plan a little and not think about it very much. Plan what needs to be booked in advance according to your destination.
- Search a little – Knowing about your destination will no doubt make you excited about it, it will also help you to know which places are most famous and what should you do and visit definitely. Check on local events going to happen there and don’t miss them. Research a little to find the best prices, check out the local transports to know what are the best transports to travel around buses? Trains? Taxis? Tuk tuk using public transport is a best way to taste the local life of their.
- Plan a budget – Plan your budget according to the country you wish to travel. Don’t spend too much or waste your money on the unnecessary things, spend money smartly. Pick the cheap flight to travel.
- Smart packing – Pack your bags according to you needs. Do not pack extra and unnecessary things try to carry a bag only of needful things. Don’t forget important things like earphones, clothes according to weather, power bank, documents etc.
- Be ready to make a lot of friends – If you are travelling solo prepare yourself to make new friends as you will meet many new people on your trip. Practice talking to strangers as talking to new people will definitely give you much more knowledge.
- Local food – Always change your taste when you travel to new place. Taste local foods don’t eat food that you can find easily in your country or place.
- Be ready for new experiences and adventures – You may find yourself in some situations and scenarios that you have never been in before. Prepare to embrace everything that gets thrown at you with open arms.
- Get excited – Read a book or research a little about the place and its culture. Prepare for the weird, the unexpected and the unknown. It will be the best time of your life!