Here is TLOW’s blueprint across the backpacker’s silk route in the Himalayas, that starts in Rewalsar and ends in the backpacker’s haven – Tosh. Also, visit the enchanting Parashar Lake, bathe in the sulphur hot springs at Kheerganga, hike in the Great Himalayan National Park and stay in some of the hippie villages of Parvati Valley.
Trip Cost: Rs 12,000 + 5% GST = Rs 12,600/-
- All travel from Delhi and back.
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 in a room depending on room size).
- Entry fees if any.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
- This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 15 backpackers.
- Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
- For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: email@example.com
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry:
- Valid ID proof with address. (No college ID or PAN card)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Essentials to pack.
- Board an HRTC AC bus from ISBT Kashmiri Gate New Delhi to Mandi at 18:00 HRS. (439km = 12 Hrs)
Day 2: Silk Route
- Reach Mandi around 06:00 HRS.
- Take a local bus to Rewalsar, 23km from Mandi and reach by 07:00 HRS.
- Check into a monastery guest house overlooking the lake.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the many eateries, gurudwara and monasteries around.
- Leave Rewalsar and have breakfast on the way to the Parashar Lake. (74km = 2.5 Hrs)
- From Parashar Lake leave for Tirthan Valley. (94km = 3.5 Hrs)
- Check into the Home Stay and chill around the Tirthan River.
Day 4: Silk Route
- Post breakfast, hike into the Great Himalayan National Park. (8km Hike).
- Return from the hike and leave post lunch by 15.00 HRS for Kasol (77Km = 3 Hrs)
- Chill around the town of Kasol.
- Post breakfast, board a bus from Kasol to Barshaini. (35km)
- From Barshaini hike up to Kheerganga. (13km)
- Reach Kheerganga by 16:30 HRS and check into a dormitory.
- To freshen up, take a dip in the hot sulphur spring.
Day 6: Silk Route
- Post breakfast, hike down to Barshaini
- Hike from Barshaini to Tosh and check into a guest house. (3km)
- Spend rest of the evening strolling through the village.
- Leave Tosh and last day in Kasol, spend first half of the day wandering through the streets or shopping.
- Pack up and leave for Kullu HRTC bus station by 17:00 HRS.
- Board a HRTC Volvo bus from Kullu to ISBT New Delhi by 20:00 HRS.
- Reach New Delhi ISBT Kashmiri Gate by 09:00 HRS.