Do not hesitage to give us a call. Our team will be happy to talk to you.
This is tlow backpacker blueprint around the Himalayan country of Nepal which starts in the Backpacker town of Thamel in central Kathmandu & the move into the adventure town of Pokhra with a host of things to explore, experience & discover some new in this remote Himalayan country.
Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
Thamel, Kathamndhu . (Cost is INR 5oo from Airport to Thamel)
It’s unlike anything you have pictured or read about. Nepal as a country is different compared to other Himalayan countries or mountain regions. Here in Nepal no matter where you go you’ll find some kind of tourism set up. Thamel the backpacker base is a place which will leave an impression on you for years to come. The night life & the colourful streets add to the experience of the place. As you move on to Pokhara you’ll feel the cool breeze in the air & the view of the snow capped mountains make this a place worth visiting
– Arrive at Katmandu International Airport by 12:00 HRS.
– Take a taxi/bus to Thamel city centre.
– Check into a guest house.
– Self explore Thamel.
– Post breakfast leave for local sightseeing around Kathmandu.
– Visit the 3 UNESCO World Heritage Sites namely Patan Durbar Square – with ancient palaces/temples, Swyambhunath ‘Monkey Temple’, Pashupatinath – Hindu temple (for Hindus only) on the banks of the Bagmati River.
– Pack up and keep your backpack ready for Pokhara
– Leave in the morning around 6:00 HRS by a tourist AC Bus for Pokhara.
– Reach Pokhara by 12:00 HRS. (200.1km = 5.5 hours)
– Check into our guest our overlooking the lake.
– Have lunch, freshen up & get ready by 15:30 HRS.
– Drive around Pokhara and visit Devi’s Falls aka Davis Falls & Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave.
– For sunset hike up to the white stupa overlooking the entire town of Pokhara.
– Rest of the evening at leisure to explore the town on foot.
– Post Breakfast you have two options
– Explore the town on foot.
– Explore the town with a cycle, (Add on INR) or
– Paragliding. (Add on INR)
– Return back by lunchtime 13:00 HRS.
– Post lunch, leave for the boat ride around Phewa lake.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Post Breakfast, by 09:00 HRS, take the return Tourists AC bus back to Thamel.
– Reach Thamel by 14:00 HRS.
– Check into the same guest house for the night,
– Spend the rest of the day walking around and exploring the market area.
– The ideal time to go shopping around the streets of Thamel
– Last Day in Nepal.
– Post breakfast pack up and be ready.
– Check out at 12:00 HRS. Trip ends
Q. Where is Nepal located?
Nepal, South Asian landlocked country in the Himalayas.
Q. Is Nepal a country?
Yes, Nepal is a country which is bordered by India, China and Bhutan
Q. Do I need a passport for Nepal?
Yes! you need to carry your passport for travel to Nepal.
Q. Do I need a visa for Nepal?
Indians don’t need a visa for Nepal.
Q. How do I get a sim card in Nepal?
You can either purchase a sim card at the airport. or else from a Local store in Nepal.
Q. Is there a cell phone network in Nepal?
Yes, there is cell phone coverage in Nepal. Ncell is the best network provider for tourists.
Q. Is there 3G/4G in Nepal?
Surprisingly there is an excellent 4G network all over.
Q. Where does the trip start and end?
Our Nepal trip starts at Kathmandu Airport
Q. How do we reach Kathmandu?
Most airlines have flights to Kathmandu!
Q. What time should we reach Kathmandu Airport?
Reach Kathmandu Airport anytime before 12:00 HRS on day one.
Q. Where will we meet the tlow representative for the trip?
Our tlow representative will meet you at Thamel, Kathmandu for the start of the trip.
Q. What kind of accommodation will be provided?
We will be using homestays and guesthouses all along the trip.
Q. Will the accommodation be clean?
Since no one in the world likes to keep their home untidy, it’s safe to say that every place we stay at will be clean and will give you a homely feel.
Q. Will we get a bed, blankets and pillows?
Yes, at every place we stay at you’ll get a blanket, a pillow and if not a bed then surely a mattress to sleep on.
Q. Will we get hot water for a bath?
Every guest house and homestay we stay at will have geysers so you’ll surely get to have a bath at least once a day.
Q. Will the rooms be based on gender or mixed?
It will be girls in a separate room and boys in a separate room, for all those backpacking solo.
Q. Why is food not included?
Since this is a backpacking trip, we want to leave the eating for you’ll to explore on your own. You’ll never go hungry in Nepal.
Q. Do we need to carry food along?
Not needed. Every place we stay at will have plenty of eating options. Both veg and non veg.
Q. What kind of food should we expect to get?
In every town and village, you’ll get a variety of food options from pastas, pizzas and Burgers to local Nepali cuisine.
Q. Can we cook?
Yes, you can cook in our homestays. Provided you make the time.
Q. How do I avoid altitude sickness?
The only way to avoid altitude sickness is to rest well, keep yourself hydrated and have plenty of water.
Q. What about motion sickness?
Consulting a local physician is the best for motion sickness.
Q. Is there a hospital in Nepal?
Yes, every town and city has a hospital in Nepal.
Q. Is it okay if I enroll solo for a trip?
Yes, it’s absolutely fine to enroll solo. All our trips have 70% solo travellers who enroll.
Q. What if I don’t get along with the other backpackers?
If no one talks to you, don’t worry our tlow team members will be your friend and give you an experience of a lifetime.
Q. What will be our mode of transportation?
The entire road trip to Nepal will be covered in a combination of vehicles
Tourist Air condition Semi sleeper buses
Taxis & Autos
TLOW, based on the Cancellation Date, shall withhold the following amounts stated in the table below, from the Booking Amount or Trip Price as cancellation charges and refund the remainder to you. The refund shall be paid to you, within (21) calendar days from the Cancellation Date.
Cancellation Date is: Cancellation charges
– Before forty (40) calendar days prior to the date of commencement of Trip, 15% of the Trip Price
– On or after forty (40) calendar days but prior to thirty (30) calendar days day of commencement of Trip,
30% of the Trip Price
– On or after thirty (30) calendar days but prior twenty five (25) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
50% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty five (25) calendar days but prior to twenty (20) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
75% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty (20) calendar days but prior fifteen (15) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
100% of the Trip Price
You may claim refund only in case of a confirmed booking where you have paid the entire Booking Amount. Where there is part payment of Booking Amount made the same shall be forfeited and there shall be no refund. The mode of payment of refund amount to you (whether through cash, e-wallets, bank transfers, or cheques), shall be determined at the sole discretion of TLOW.
Notwithstanding anything stated in the Terms & Conditions, there are no refunds of any kind, provided for ‘Camping Trips’.
For more information on cancellation & refund policy please read our T&C.