Day 1Ghatkopar Station ->> Kasara ->> Shendi ->> Bhandardara
– Reporting time at Ghatkopar station – 10.20 hrs
– Reach platform No – 3 and board the first two bogies towards Kasara or the last two towards CSMT.
– Train to Kasara – 10.40 hrs (Tickets will be purchased by TLOW team)
– Reaching Kasara – 13 hrs
– Hop on to a jeep from Kasara railway station to Bhandardara campsite – 13.10 hrs
– Reach Bhandardara – 15 hrs
– For self-drive option, reach Shendi bus stand by 15.00 hrs
– Snacks – Between 15hrs to 15.45 hrs (Missal pav, vada pav, bhajji, tea unlimited)
– Arrive at the campsite – 16 hrs
– Activity one – Setting up tents (5 to 10 min activity)
– Activity two – Walk down to the lake (10 min walk from the campsite)
– Activity three – Enjoy the sunset from table top – Between 17.40 hrs to 18.00 hrs (depending on time of the year)
– Activity four – Setting up the bonfire – 18.30 hrs
– Activity five – Bonfire games – 19.00 hrs
– Tomato soup – 19.00 hrs – 20.00 hrs
– Maggi cooked over firewood – 20.00 hrs – 21.00 hrs
– Activity six – BBQ war – 21.00 hrs – 23.00 hrs
Day 2Bhandardara ->> Kasara ->> Ghatkopar Station
– Wake up call next morning – 06.30 hrs
– Breakfast – 07.00 hrs – 08.00 hrs
– Activity seven – Clean up campsite 08.00 hrs – 8.30 hrs
– Activity eight – Collect giveaways – 08.30 hrs – 09.00 hrs
– Leave campsite – 09.00 hrs
– Reaching Kasara station – 10.45 hrs
– Board a return slow train to CST – 11.00 hrs
– Reach Ghatkopar station – 13.30 hrs
Q. Do we have washroom facilities?
We have an Indian toilet which is about a 5-minute walk from the campsite.
Q. Can we swim at the lake?
Swimming is prohibited at the lake as it prohibited by the government.
Q. What’s the food like?
We serve soup, Maggi in the beginning and have DIY (Do It Yourself) barbeque.
Q. What’s the barbeque like?
Barbeque includes non-veg cold cuts, veg includes assorted marinated vegetables and assorted sauces.
Q. Can we hike to the lake?
Yes, our backpacker trip organizer will take you for a hike to the lake. The route is a trail and we do not have a concrete road. So it’s advised to wear shoes for hiking than wearing slippers.
Q. How cold does it get at night?
The temperature drops down to 10-degree celsius and it’s quite windy due to its proximity to the lake. Please bring adequate warm clothes/jacket.
Q. Do we provide sleeping bags/bedsheets/mattress?
We provide a foam sheet in the tent. Please bring your own bed sheets/sleeping bags.
Q. When & Where do we stop for lunch?
We stop around Shendi for lunch at 3 PM. Our campsite is around 20 minutes from Shendi.
Q. What for lunch?
Misal Pav, Bhajji, Vada Pav and Chai. Eat as much as you want. Pay only for your water bottle.
Q. What time breakfast is served and when do we leave for Kasara?
Breakfast is served at 7 A.M and we leave Bhandardara at 9 A.M sharp to catch an 11.12 A.M train for the return
Q. How many people can stay in a tent?
In a normal plan -3 to 4 people
In couple plan – 2 people
Q.What if I miss my train?
Ans. Since it’s a train post 10.30 AM, if you happen to miss your train, you have to figure your own way to our campsite.
Q.What are the rules at the campsite?
Ans. We have 2 rules:-
Don’t forget rule no. 1
Q.What if I don’t reach in time for snacks?
Ans. You miss it. You will be directly served soup, Maggie & BBQ at the allotted time.
What is the Cancellation Policy?
Notwithstanding anything stated in the Terms & Conditions, there are no refunds of any kind, provided for ‘Camping Trips’.
For more information on cancellation & refund policy please read our T&C.