Do not hesitage to give us a call. Our team will be happy to talk to you.
Bagdogra Airport aka. Siliguri
A road trip where the trip lead is our driver who will pick you up from Bagdogra Airport on day one and drop you back to the same place on the last day.
The accommodation on this trip is 3 star Hotels. Each room has an attached toilet (western) & bathroom, with a double bed. The third person in the room will be either accommodated on an extra mattress on the floor or an extra bed based on what the host has to offer.
The nightlife in Thimphu will surprise you.
– Arrive at Bagdogra by 12:00 HRS.
– Hop into an SUV and drive to Indo–Bhutan border town, Jaigaon. (164km = 4 hours)
– Reach Jaigaon by 17:00 HRS and check into a Hotel.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Post breakfast and after immigration, leave for the capital city of Thimphu. (165km = 5 hours)
– Enjoy the view of Chukha Dam. and stopover for a photo session at Wankha Waterfalls
– Reach Thimphu by tea time and check into our guest house. –
– Spend the rest of the day exploring the town on foot.
– Another day in Thimphu.
– Post breakfast, visit the Bronze Buddha statue ( Buddha Dordenma) .
– After lunch, visit the clock tower and Tashi Chho Dzong.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Leave in the morning by 8:00 HRS for Punakha via Dochu-La-Pass (10,170 ft.). (85km = 2 hours)
– Reach Punakha by noon.
– Visit Punakha Dzong, and Suspension Bridge.
– Drive to Paro (115 km = 3HRS)
– Check into our Hotel at Paro.
– Leave in the morning by 8:00 HRS for Tiger Monastery in Paro.
– Reach the base camp by 8:30 HRS and start the 5 km hike.
– Return back to the guest house by 17:00 HRS.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Last day in Bhutan.
– Post breakfast, enjoy the breathtaking view of Paro airport.
– Leave for Phuenthsoling/Jaigaon. (160km = 4 hours)
– Reach Phuenthsoling/Jaigaon by noon.
– Check into our Hotel for the night.
– Rest of the day at leisure.
– Leave by 7:30 HRS to Bagdogra.
– Reach Bagdogra airport by 11:30 HRS.
Q. Where is Bhutan located?
Bhutan is a small Buddhist kingdom located in the Himalayas.
Q. Is Bhutan a country?
Yes, Bhutan is a country which is bordered by China, India and Bangladesh.
Q. Do I need a visa for Bhutan?
Indians don’t need a visa for Bhutan. But an entry permit is needed. Which can be obtained at the immigration office at Phuentsholing.
Q. What documents do I carry for the entry permit?
Passport and five photocopies of the same. Passport size photographs. Print out of your return flight tickets.
Q. How long is the permit valid for?
The permit is valid for seven days. But it can be extended at Thimphu.
Q. Who will extend the permit for us?
Your tlow representative will take care of all the permit work which includes the extension as well.
Q. Cost of the permit?
An entry permit is free and will be taken care of by our tlow representative.
Q. How do I get a sim card in Bhutan?
After you get your entry permit, you need to make a photocopy of the permit and provide the same as your proof for a sim card in Bhutan.
Q. Is there a cell phone network in Bhutan?
Yes, there is cell phone coverage in Bhutan. Tashi cell is the best network provider for tourists.
Q. Is there 3G/4G in Bhutan?
Surprisingly there is an excellent 3G network all over. Even at the highest pass Chelela, you’ll have cell phone coverage with Tashi cell. Sadly 4G hasn’t yet come to Bhutan yet as of March 2018.
Q. Where does the trip start and end?
Our Bhutan trip starts at Siliguri in West Bengal.
Q. How do we reach Siliguri?
Bagdogra air force airport (IXB) is the entry point to Siliguri and the most convenient way to reach.
Q. What time should we reach Siliguri?
Reach Siliguri anytime before 14:00 HRS on day one.
Q. How to reach Siliguri city?
From the airport take a direct bus which leaves every 30 minutes. Good options if you want to avoid spending on a taxi.
Take a taxi from the airport.
Q. Where will we meet the tlow representative for the trip?
Our tlow representative will meet you at Siliguri for the start of the trip.
Q. What kind of accommodation will be provided?
We will be using Hotels. all along the trip. Standard hotel in Jaigaon and 3-star hotels in Bhutan.
Q. Will we get a bed, blankets and pillows?
Yes, at every place we stay at you’ll get a blanket, a pillow and if not a bed then surely a mattress to sleep on.
Q. Will we get hot water for a bath?
Every guest house and homestay we stay at will have geysers so you’ll surely get to have a bath at least once a day.
Q. Will the rooms be based on gender or mixed?
It will be girls in a separate room and boys in a separate room, for all those backpacking solo.
Q. Why is Lunch and Dinner not included?
Since this is a backpacking trip, we want to leave the eating for you’ll to explore on your own. You’ll never go hungry in Bhutan.
Q. Do we need to carry food along?
Not needed. Every place we stay at will have plenty of eating options. Both veg and non veg.
Q. What kind of food should we expect to get?
In every town and village, you’ll get a variety of food options from pastas, pizzas and Burgers to local Bhutan cuisine.
Q. How to I avoid altitude sickness?
The only way to avoid altitude sickness is to rest well, keep yourself hydrated and have plenty of water.
Q. What about motion sickness?
Consulting a local physician is the best for motion sickness.
Q. What about the oxygen level?
The oxygen is moderately thin in Bhutan but if you remember to keep yourself hydrated with small sips of water, it should not bother you.
Q. Is there a hospital in Bhutan?
Yes, every town and city has a hospital in Bhutan.
Q. What will be our mode of transportation?
The entire road trip to Bhutan will be covered in a car as per the plan you opt for.
4 seater cars (Hyundai H1) or 7 seater cars. (Innova/Hyundai H1
What if there is a natural calamity or delay due to an external factor?
-Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances(strikes), or any delay arising due to an external factor etc. (to be borne by the client, which is directly payable on the spot).
TLOW, based on the Cancellation Date, shall withhold the following amounts stated in the table below, from the Booking Amount or Trip Price as cancellation charges and refund the remainder to you. The refund shall be paid to you, within (21) calendar days from the Cancellation Date.
Cancellation Date is: Cancellation charges
– Before forty (40) calendar days prior to the date of commencement of Trip, 15% of the Trip Price
– On or after forty (40) calendar days but prior to thirty (30) calendar days day of commencement of Trip,
30% of the Trip Price
– On or after thirty (30) calendar days but prior twenty five (25) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
50% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty five (25) calendar days but prior to twenty (20) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
75% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty (20) calendar days but prior fifteen (15) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
100% of the Trip Price
You may claim refund only in case of a confirmed booking where you have paid the entire Booking Amount. Where there is part payment of Booking Amount made the same shall be forfeited and there shall be no refund. The mode of payment of refund amount to you (whether through cash, e-wallets, bank transfers, or cheques), shall be determined at the sole discretion of TLOW.
Notwithstanding anything stated in the Terms & Conditions, there are no refunds of any kind, provided for ‘Camping Trips’.
For more information on cancellation & refund policy please read our T&C.