Rewalsar & Manali have been a part of the tlow backpacker circuit since 2014. But the two hippie Himalayan towns have never been a part of the same blueprint. With our new 6 day trip focusing on the best of both side or the hippie world. This is a backpacking trip ideal for solo travellers, couples & groups. Just like the rest of our trips this is high on experience & low on deals. So if experience & meeting new people is what you seek then this is the perfect week away from the settled world.
Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
RK Ashram Metro station Pillar no3, New Delhi
This is a trip which will leave you with a bag full of memories & experiences. The temple town of Rewalsar is 24 hours of being in a place which is nothing but positive aura. You’ll get to taste the cheapest & the best Dhaba food there is in all of Himachal. The four Buddhist monasteries, a mini zoo, a lake & a giant statue of lord Padmasambhava.
‘After 40 odd hours in Rewalsar the journey moves to Manali. With an overnight bus to Yolo Manali. Similar to Rewalsar, Manali has lot to offer with old & new Manali having a vibe of its own & the hot springs of Vashist.
This trip is ideal for solo travellers, couples & even small groups. Remember we take a maximum of only 15 people per trip.
– Arrive in New Delhi by 16:00 HRS.
– Reach RK Ashram Metro Station pillar no3 by 17:30 HRS.
– Meet your fellow backpackers and get to know each other.
– Board a private Volvo bus by 18:00 HRS from New Delhi to Mandi (439km = 12 Hrs)
– Reach Mandi at 7:30 HRS & have breakfast (Not Included) near the bus stand.
– Reach Rewalsar by 9:00 HRS & Check into our home stay for the night.
– Visit the Monasteries & Feed the fish in the lake.
– Spend evening walking around the holy town.
– Dinner at a local Dhaba (Included)
– Breakfast by 9:00am at a local dhaba near the bus stand.
– Board an bus to Mandi and -take a local bus to Bhanu bridge Yolo Manali.
– Reach Manali by 14:00 HRS.
– Spend evening walking and exploring Yolo Manali & the Beas river side.
– Dinner at Yolo Cafe Manali.
– Breakfast at 8:30am
– Leave by local taxi to Atal Tunnel Via Sissu
– Lunch at Sissu food court.
– Return back to Manali by 5pm.
– Explore New & old Manali on foot.
– Board a local bus from Yolo Manali to New Manali. (6km = 20 mins)
– Dinner in Yolo Cafe Manali .
– Last day in the Himalayas, Wake up late and spend the first half wrtting post cards.
– Pack up and leave for Manali volvo bus station by 17:30 HRS.
– Board an Volvo Semi sleeper bus from Kullu to RK Ashram New Delhi by 18:00 HRS.
– Reach RK ashram New Delhi by 08:00 HRS.
Q. Where is Parvati Valley located?
Parvati Valley is situated in the Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh.
Q. Is Parvati Valley safe?
Yes, Parvati Valley is an extremely safe place to travel to.
Q. Where is Rewalsar Located?
Rewalsar or Tso Pema in Tibetan is a small town and a pilgrimage place in a nagar panchayat in Mandi district in India
Q. Is there cell phone network in Parvati and Tirthan Valley?
Yes, there is cell phone coverage in Parvati and Tirthan Valley. BSNL, Jio, Airtel and Vodafone mobile connections work. Jio and Airtel are the best.
Q. Is there 3G/4G in Parvati Valley?
Yes, Jio and Airtel have best 3G/4G network.
Q. Does Airtel and Vodafone work in Tosh?
Only BSNL has a cellular connection in these regions and that too is very scratchy. However, there are spots in Tosh, that have network.
Delhi meeting point and how to reach there
Q.What time should we reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate?
Around 60 minutes prior to the departure of the bus is a good time to reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate.
Q.How to reach ISBT Kashmiri Gate?
-From the airport take a direct AC bus which leaves every 30 minutes. Good options if you want to avoid the metro rush.
-Take a shuttle bus to the airport metro and then an express metro to New Delhi and finally take the yellow line to Kashmiri Gate. (Fastest way to reach ISBT)
Q. At ISBT Kashmiri Gate, where do we board the bus to Himachal?
At ISBT Kashmiri Gate, the platform no. for the bus to Bhuntar/ Mandi needs to be inquired at the HRTC inquiry counter. There will be no announcement made when the bus departs.
Q. Where will we meet the tlow representative for the trip?
Our TLOW representative will meet you at Bhunter Bus stop.
Q.So we have to board the bus all alone?
You won’t be alone, you’ll be with the rest of the group and our Whatsapp group which is made 36-40 hours before the start of the trip will be used as the platform to co-ordinate.
Q. What kind of accommodation will be provided?
We will be using homestays and guesthouses all along the trip.
Q. Will the accommodation be clean?
Since no one in the world likes to keep their home untidy, it’s safe to say that every place we stay at will be clean and will give you a homely feel.
Q. Will we get a bed, blankets and pillows?
Yes, at every place we stay at you’ll get a blanket, a pillow and if not a bed then surely a mattress to sleep on.
Q. Will we get hot water for a bath?
Every guest house and homestay we stay at will have geysers so you’ll surely get to have a bath at least once a day.
Q. Will the rooms be based on gender or mixed?
It will be girls in a separate room and boys in a separate room, for all those backpacking solo.
Q. Why is food not included?
Since this is a backpacking trip we want to leave the eating for you’ll to explore on your own. You’ll never go hungry in Parvati and Tirthan Valley.
Q.Do we need to carry food along?
Not needed. Every place we stay at will have a cafe.
Q.What kind of food should we expect to get?
In Kasol, Tosh you’ll get everything from pizzas to Israeli cuisine. While in other regions, you get Maggi, parathas and the basic rajma dal (kidney beans) rice, pickle, mix vegetables, Rotis with some local chicken curry.
Q. Can we cook?
Yes, you can cook in our camping site at YOLO. Provided you make the time.
Q. How to I avoid altitude sickness?
The only way to avoid altitude sickness is to rest well, keep yourself hydrated and have plenty of water.
Q. What about motion sickness?
Consulting your local physician is the best for motion sickness.
Q. Is there a hospital in Parvati & Tirthan Valley?
Yes. Kullu, Jari have hospitals.
Q.What will be our mode of transportation?
While in Parvati and Tirthan Valley, we will be using a combination of multiple modes of transportation.
Q. ISBT Kashmiri Gate to Himachal and back?
HRTC state transport semi-deluxe bus.
Q.Bhuntar and Kullu Airport are the same?
There is only one airport in Kullu. Although located in Bhuntar, it is known as Kullu airport.
Q. Is Kheerganga trek difficult?
Kheerganga is a 14 km trek from Barshaini. It is a moderate trek.
Q.What is the altitude of different places in Parvati Valley?
Kasol – 5184 ft.
Pulga – 9498 ft.
Tosh – 7900 ft.
Kheerganga – 9711 ft.
Malana – 8701 ft.
Q.Do we need to carry a Poncho/ Umbrella?
The weather in Himachal is very unpredictable. It is always safe to carry a poncho.
TLOW, based on the Cancellation Date, shall withhold the following amounts stated in the table below, from the Booking Amount or Trip Price as cancellation charges and refund the remainder to you. The refund shall be paid to you, within (21) calendar days from the Cancellation Date.
Cancellation Date is: Cancellation charges
– Before forty (40) calendar days prior to the date of commencement of Trip, 15% of the Trip Price
– On or after forty (40) calendar days but prior to thirty (30) calendar days day of commencement of Trip,
30% of the Trip Price
– On or after thirty (30) calendar days but prior twenty five (25) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
50% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty five (25) calendar days but prior to twenty (20) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
75% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty (20) calendar days but prior fifteen (15) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
100% of the Trip Price
You may claim refund only in case of a confirmed booking where you have paid the entire Booking Amount. Where there is part payment of Booking Amount made the same shall be forfeited and there shall be no refund. The mode of payment of refund amount to you (whether through cash, e-wallets, bank transfers, or cheques), shall be determined at the sole discretion of TLOW.
Notwithstanding anything stated in the Terms & Conditions, there are no refunds of any kind, provided for ‘Camping Trips’.
For more information on cancellation & refund policy please read our T&C.