Do not hesitage to give us a call. Our team will be happy to talk to you.
Manipur is a state which falls on the Indo-Burma border. It’s one place which redefines wanderlust with its natural beauty. We at tlow will be going beyond the normal backpacking norms and heading all the way to Loktak Lake, Moreh in Manipur and crossing the border to Tamu in Myanmar (Burma).
Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, Imphal
Ima Market, Imphal
If you have watched the video & are then reading it carry on if you haven’t then you know what you need to do first. So the video pretty much says it all but to sum that up into words, we have been trying to strike off Manipur from our Bucket list ever since 2o14 for whatever odd reason we did not end up making it all the way till Imphal not until Jan 2018 when a one week trip to Manipur ended up becoming a three week pause.
Hence the last three days of the trip are at Loktak since that lake is so enormous in every aspect that to actually get a real time feel of the place you actually need that much time there. Loktak is the love at first sight kind of place.
Crossing over to Myanmar into the little trade village of Tamu is an experience not many even know is possible. It’s a nice day excursion to a place which not many even consider travelling to. Imphal on its whole is a bustling city with Ima Market as the icing of the cake.
Sadly this beautiful state and warm people are always on national television for all the wrong reasons, thus making most people not consider this as a travel option. But in all honesty the place is extremely safe & the people are very warm & welcoming. The natural beauty needs no explanation.
If your looking for something out of this universe in under a week then Manipur & Myanmar is the place for you. After six days in this trip the best experience you will possibly cherish is the conversations in the warm home stays at Imphal & Loktak.
– Arrive in Imphal, Manipur by 13:00 HRS.
– Check into our homestay.
– Spend the rest of the day exploring the capital city.
– Visit Ima market and Kangla fort.
– Post breakfast by 08:30 HRS leave by shared vehicle for the border town of Moreh. (108km = 3 hrs)
– Reach Moreh by noon and check into our guest house.
– Freshen up and leave for the town of Tamu in Myanmar (Burma). 5 km = 15 mins
– Wander through the markets and explore Tamu monastery.
– Post lunch, return back to Moreh in Manipur, India by 16:00 hrs.
Rest of the evening at leisure.
– After breakfast by 08:00 hrs head back to Imphal by shared vehicle. (108 km = 3 hrs)
– Reach Imphal by 11:00 hrs and hop onto a shared vehicle to Moirang.
– Reach Moirang by 12:30 HRS. (50 km = 70 minutes)
– From Moirang, take a shared vehicle to our Loktak lake homestay at Tanga. (5km = 15 minutes)
– Reach our homestay by 13:00 HRS and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
– Post breakfast by 09:00 HRS, leave for Keibul Lamjao National Park to spot the endangered Sangai (brow-antlered deer).
– Return back to the home stay for lunch.
– By 15:00 HRS hike to the hilltop to get a panoramic view of Loktak lake during sunset.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Leave early morning by 06:30 HRS for a tail boat ride over Loktak lake to the floating fisherman’s island.
– Return back to the home stay for breakfast by 08:30 HRS.
– Post breakfast, visit the island of Karang.
– Explore the tiny villages around Thanga.
– Rest of the evening at leisure.
– Post breakfast, pack up and leave for Imphal by 08:30 HRS.
– Reach Imphal by 10:00 HRS.
A wonderful serenity has taken possession of my entire soul, like these sweet mornings of spring which I enjoy with my whole heart. I am alone, and feel the charm of existence in this spot, which was created for the bliss of souls like mine. I am so happy, my dear friend, so absorbed in the exquisite.
– Austria – Euro (EUR)
– France – Euro (EUR)
– Germany – Euro (EUR)
– Italy – Euro (EUR)
– Netherlands – Euro (EUR)
– Switzerland – Swiss franc (CHF)
– United Kingdom – Pound sterling (£)
Far far away, behind the word mountains, far from the countries Vokalia and Consonantia, there live the blind texts. Separated they live in Bookmarksgrove right at the coast of the Semantics, a large language ocean. A small river named Duden flows by their place and supplies it with the necessary regelialia.
It is a paradisematic country, in which roasted parts of sentences fly into your mouth. Even the all-powerful Pointing has no control about the blind texts it is an almost unorthographic life One day however.
TLOW, based on the Cancellation Date, shall withhold the following amounts stated in the table below, from the Booking Amount or Trip Price as cancellation charges and refund the remainder to you. The refund shall be paid to you, within (21) calendar days from the Cancellation Date.
Cancellation Date is: Cancellation charges
– Before forty (40) calendar days prior to the date of commencement of Trip, 15% of the Trip Price
– On or after forty (40) calendar days but prior to thirty (30) calendar days day of commencement of Trip,
30% of the Trip Price
– On or after thirty (30) calendar days but prior twenty five (25) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
50% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty five (25) calendar days but prior to twenty (20) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
75% of the Trip Price
– On or after twenty (20) calendar days but prior fifteen (15) calendar days from day of commencement of Trip
100% of the Trip Price
You may claim refund only in case of a confirmed booking where you have paid the entire Booking Amount. Where there is part payment of Booking Amount made the same shall be forfeited and there shall be no refund. The mode of payment of refund amount to you (whether through cash, e-wallets, bank transfers, or cheques), shall be determined at the sole discretion of TLOW.
Notwithstanding anything stated in the Terms & Conditions, there are no refunds of any kind, provided for ‘Camping Trips’.
For more information on cancellation & refund policy please read our T&C.