Winter is the coldest season of the year which comes between autumn and spring when the weather is usually cold. Winter is one of the most important season in India.
Generally, winter starts from the month of October and last till the month of March. The peak time when winter can be experienced the most is in the month of December and January.
Heavy snowfall could be seen during these two months in North India. In all over the India, North India receives the most snowfall. Though, winter season is awesome and there are many things to do in North India during this season which are written below:-
1. Skiing:- A sport which is done only on snow, skiing is done on skis. It’s a one of the best activity that can be done during winter season. It is done on zig-zag path on skis. Skiing is the perfect exercise during the winter as it improves balance and posture of the body. Hence, skiing makes you appreciate winter so much more. The benefit of skiing is it could give you access to watch some of the most beautiful landscapes as it is done only on mountains.
2. Build a snowman:- A snowman is a human like snow sculpture built in the regions with sufficient snowfall. You can build a snowman. It can be made by rolling snow and make balls of it. The one ball should be big and other ball should be small as compared to first one. Find two small rocks for his eye and wrap him up with warm hat and scarf. Don’t forget to find two twigs from his arms. Making a snowman could be a fun activity in doing winters.
3. Snowball fight:- Snowball fight is the most doing activity during winters as it is easiest and most funny activity. It’s a physical game in which ball are thrown to hit someone. It is done when there’s a plenty of snow in the region.
4. Capture footprints:- Ever wondered how many animal could have gone through the route that you’re going? It could be best activity because anyone who go through snow leaves footprint. You can capture the footprints of the animals which have gone through the same route. There can be footprints of deer, rabbit, squirrels, etc.
5. Get creative:- You can go and make snow colourful. Painting snow could be the creative active. It is a fun outdoor activity which can be done only in winter in region where there is plenty of snow.
6. Making snow scene:- Making a snow scene is one of the best activity that can be done after fresh snowfall. You can make anything out of it. For example- you can make a fort out of snow.
7. Rafting:- Rafting is the sport which is done on a river on a raft. It’s one of the most adventurous sport done in India. It can be done by one person or a group of people. You can done rafting where flow of river is fast.
8. Snow angel:- Snow angel is the activity done on fresh snow by lying on back and moving your both arms up and down, both legs from side to side. It’s the fun activity which usually everyone can enjoy. You can also make it creative by colouring it.
9. Snowshoeing:- Snowshoeing is a type of trekking but it involves walking over snow. It is done by wearing a snowshoe. It’s an adventurous sport. It’s usually done in India on mountains only in a region with a good snowfall.
10. Paragliding:- Paragliding is the recreational and competitive adventurous sport of flying. Paragliding in winters is easily achievable as air is dense, stable and it will feel like floating through butter.