This world works on money and money is what people are working for. To get enough from what one is doing one needs to reinvent oneself but what to do when you are short with less budget and wants to travel? Don’t worry we have got your back. Here is the list of 10 best places and ways to visit when you are short on budget.
1.KASOL- MINI ISRAEL – Kasol is located around 6 kms before Manikaran Sahib and many tourists visit this place as this place gives an amazing view of Parvati River with the view of snow capped mountains. From Kasol a backpacker can go for many treks which are not so far from Kasol. These treks like Kheerganga, Grahan, Rasol, Chalal and many more you can reach the start point of these treks with very genuine charges of Himachal buses. Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara is just 6 kms away from Kasol and have varieties of things to do and one can have delicious langar over there. Kasol has variety of tourists on season from very far and different states.
2. MCLEODGANJ -EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCE OF BEAUTIFUL HILLS & MONASTERIES – Mcleodganj also known as Lhasa is located near to Dharamshala which is a very beautiful hill station and one can visit this place with very normal prices of Himachal Roadways buses.It has a very beautiful culture with blend of Tibetan with some British influence. It is home to the Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama which makes this place more famous around the world. This place has many monasteries to visit and feel the spirituality of this place. The food and transport expenses are very normal and genuine any person can visit this place on a budget.
3.ALLEPPEY- THE VENICE OF THE EAST– Alleppey which is located in southern Indian state of Kerela is a city on the Laccadive sea. Alleppey is just 58 kms away from Cochin and takes an hour roughly, the best part is the bus will cost you just 200 rs for transport. This place has many budget hotels with very tidy and comfortable rooms. April to July is the best time to visit this place as many tourists come here to enjoy the beauty of this place. If you can increase your budget a little you can enjoy the rides of houseboats here which is a must do.
4. GOA – THE LAND OF BEACHES- Goa is one of the most famous place to visit in India as it has beauty of variety of beaches. Best way to visit Goa on a budget is to Travel during the off season and stay by the south side of Goa which is very cheaper to stay and eat. There are no. of street foods with cheap prices. Best way to travel Goa on a genuine price is to rent a bike or car at very low prices.
5. GOKARNA- REPLICA OF GOA- Gokarna which is located in Karnataka is the ultimate budget trip for backpackers. It has beaches as well as temples to visit which makes this place famous, the most famous temple of this place is Mahabaleshwar which is believed to house original image of Lord Shiva’s Linga. The stay is very cheaper here and the travel is also cheaper. The hotels are located near the bus stand only to which one can reach by walking or autos, food is also available at very low coast here as this place is not visited much like Goa but yes it has the beauty like Goa only. You can do shopping here which is also very cheap like Rs 100 for earrings, crochet tops for Rs 300, funny bags for Rs 250 etc.
6. SIKKIM- PARADISE – To visit Gangtok, Sikkim one can enjoy this place with a low budget if planned properly but also depends on the places you visit in Sikkim at is very big. Identifying the routes can help you travel this place with a low price. There are many cheap hotels which you have to find here by roaming around the streets of Gangtok. As for the local sight seeing, around Rs 1200/ taxi is booked in which they’ll take you to around 7 to 8 places, including monasteries, temples, the zoo, waterfalls, museum and more in a day.
7. HAMPI – FORGOTTEN EMPIRE OF RUINED MONUMENTS – Hampi the ancient culture of India. It is divided in two parts which are ancient ruins and the other is Hippie island. To travel around the Hampi on a low price is to take tuk-tuk or rent a bicycle which will cost you very less to travel. The best way to travel Hampi is by taking tuk tuk first day and later by hiring a bicycle as it costs you very genuine price. You can take bus to visit numbers of Temples there or you can go by walking if they are nearby. You can trek at Ajaneya Beach which is called as hippie side of Hampi. The food and travel cost is very low and genuine here. One can easily visit this place on a very low and worthy budget.
8. MEGHALAYA – SCOTLAND OF THE EAST – Meghalaya is know as nature lovers nirvana. One can visit and travel this place on a low budget if planned properly. Police Bazaar (PB) in the heart of Shillong, Laitumkrah 5-6 km away from PB, and Polo have very good and cheap hostel accommodation which costs you around Rs 500-1000 for a night. Jadoh the famous food of this place which is equivalent to biryani is best to eat as it is served at number of places on a very low price. To visit places in Meghalaya like Laitlom Canyon, Cherrapunji, seven sister falls and many more places with a shared taxi which will cost you from Rs 200 to 1000.
9. OOTY – PARADISE OF LOVE BIRDS – Planning a budget trip to Ooty is best as it is a very cheap place. Ooty is a hill station in Tamil Nadu and can be visited under Rs 3000 if planned properly from Bangalore. The people here very helpful and bargaining here will lower the costs. The stay will cost you around 500 rs and the food will cost you Rs 300-1000 per day depends on what you eat. Two wheeler rents are Rs 600-800 while taxi will cost you around Rs 3000-5000 which will take you to every place in Ooty to visit, so it depends how you plan your trip.
10. JAISALMER – The streets of Jaisalmer and Jaisalmer fort is very pretty and a must go place. One can plan their trip to Jaisalmer on a low and genuine budget. Always use public transport in Jaisalmer as they are very cheap to travel. Eat street food in Jaisalmer as it is very delicious and cheaper to pay. Jaisalmer has a lake which is very near to its Jaisalmer Fort, one can visit these places in one day only by travelling in local buses. For cheaper stay you have to roam in the city and find genuine hotel on a low price which is easy to find in Jaisalmer. This place will cost you around 1000 rs per day if spent properly and you can enjoy the vibes of it.