- During the infamous Vietnam War, the fort was used as a jail. During the World War period, this fort was used as a shelter.
- The fort is located atop a hill and comprises four-storied fortified stone slabs that are supported by wooden logs. The entrance wooden gate is decorated with local architectural designs and is definitely an eye-catcher.
- This tribal area has uniquely made houses that were built to save the residents from the biting cold weather. The architecture of these houses is worth appreciating.
- Hiring a cab is the best way to reach Dirang. However, the Dzong can only be reached by climbing stone stairs.
- There is an amazing architecture of stone houses here. Apart from it, one can go for sightseeing of the hot springs, Kalachakra Gompa, Sangti Valley and National Research Centre on Yak.
- The months between November and February are the best time to visit Dirang as the weather becomes extremely pleasant during this period.
- The monastery has paintings that depict the full life cycle.
–>For a similar experience, >>Click here