How to apply for a Sri Lankan visa?
Applying for a visa to Sri Lanka is simple, easy and it is online. A visa can also still be obtained on arrival at BIA Colombo for $5 extra, but having an ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) visa means a swifter exit from the immigration process. Please follow the steps as given below:
- Step 1:
Keep your passport ready or a copy of it or an image saved on your phone.
- Step 2:
Log on to https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/ and select your desired language and then click on apply to begin the application process. Select ‘I Agree’ and proceed by clicking on apply for individual.
- Step 3:
Fill out the required details and submit the application after paying $20 applicable (approx. ₹ 1500) for SAARC countries. A sample form-filled is given below:-
For more details on Visa Fees>> Click here (https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/
- Step 4
Receive the acknowledgement notice sent to your email. A sample format is given below.
- Step 5
Receive the approval notice or a referral notice in case if your ETA application being rejected sent to your email within 24 hours upon the receipt of your acknowledgement notice. It is very unlikely for your application to be rejected. Reference of Approval Notice given below:-
- In case you did not receive the approval notice or a referral note after 24 hours upon the receipt of your acknowledgement notice you can check the status of your ETA application on the following:
Check Status >> Enter your passport No. and Nationality.
Contact no’s. Telephone: 0094719967888
E-mail: cont[email protected]
- Please have a copy of the ETA approval notice to be produced at the port of entry in Sri Lanka with the following:
* A passport valid not less than 6 months from the date of arrival
* A confirmed return ticket
* Sufficient funds to meet the expenses.
The ETA is initially limited up to 30 days from the date of arrival and it can be extended up to six months
Note: Valid residence address shall be provided if you are travelling with tlow. It can be requested before applying for the visa.
–> Planning a trip to Sri Lanka >>Click here