When it comes to outdoor games, cricket is the most loved game in India for a very long time. Love for playing cricket has only increased over time. But except the normal cricket, there is a special, newly invented cricket form which you must have never ever heard of.
It’s Himalayan Box Cricket, invented or recreated by YOLO CAMPING and it is a part of URBAN CLANS. Urban Clans is a game event that The Land of Wanderlust has invented to separate YOLO from the rest of Parvati Valley.
Himalayan Box Cricket is a different kind of cricket as the name suggests it’s like playing cricket in a box. There are some set of rules which you have to follow for playing this game correctly.
The rules are as follows:
- The bowler has to bowl from a particular area which he can’t cross and if he crosses it then it’s a foul.
- If the ball directly hits the side walls, then it’s an out.
- If the batsman hits a shot – a four or a sixer in normal cricket then also it’s an out.
- It’s an out if the fielder gets a direct catch.
- If you are having some spare plastic furniture like chairs, tables, etc.they can be used as fielders but if the ball directly hits them then also it’s out.
- The normal stump out is an out.
- One tip, one handout is also out.
- The bowler has to do underarm bowling.
- There will be two innings for the whole game with a half time.
- If a batsman is not getting out, then there is no time limit unless the batsman declares that he doesn’t want to play anymore.
Note- Hence, this is a box/small area game we recommend that all should play it with a rubber ball.
- If the ball has been hit by the bat then the batsman scores one run.
- If the bowler has to move to catch the ball, then the batsman will get two runs.
- If the ball has gone out of the arena or the area then the bowler will get four runs.
The team which has the maximum number of runs/score at the end of the match will win the game. The batsman who scores the maximum number of runs will be the man of the match.
If you want to enjoy the game follow all the rules without using any tricks and you’ll love Himalayan Box Cricket.
Or you can join Urban Clans at Yolo Camping at any point of the year and enjoy this awesome game in the beauty of Parvati Valley.