Essentials to pack while travelling with a baby
Very often people avoid travelling with babies and India is known for having various myths across its length and breath about babies. After the birth of a child till its naming ceremony – mother and child should be indoors, extra care has to be taken of a baby by wrapping it and keeping it safe. While they are no doubt the wisdom of the elders, travelling with a baby is a can and must surely do. It will no doubt help parents as well as the child.
Dust, pollution and germs – truth be told they are everywhere and scientifically it is proven that a house with closed windows and doors may be more susceptible to it than the outdoors. Taking a baby and travelling is no taboo and much like people abroad who sling their babies in a carrier and trek up a mountain, we too can try to do that.
Across India, parents in villages trek with their babies for daily work and those children have a robust immunity. So here is what you need while travelling with your baby:
- Diapers – If you are cloth diapering or using the disposable ones, carrying a lot of these while travelling with your baby is a must. You will need it to be sure to carry a bag to keep the soiled diapers.
- Clothes for baby – Babies soil their clothes often because of spit ups, vomiting, pees, poops, etc. Be sure that you carry sufficient and extra clothes while travelling with them.
- Favourite toys – Ensuring that your baby is entertained is paramount. Be sure to carry their favourite toys without fail, so they are occupied and engaged along the road.
- Wipes and tissues – Having these is a saviour especially when having to clean your baby. Ensure that you are well stocked with them and dispose of them properly. While you are travelling ensure that you are not littering.
- Flask – A good flask is very important to store hot water for baby feeds and food. Be sure to have a big one so you have sufficient stock for your baby along the road.
- Baby food – Depending on the age of your baby, it is important that you have feeding bottles, plates, portable feeding seat, spoon, feed available. If you are breastfeeding, be sure to carry a nursing stole so you can feed the baby on demand anywhere.
- Car seat – Abroad this is a must have for all vehicles that ferry children under 12 years. But in India very few invest and use car seats. A car seat is a must use while travelling with babies as it keeps them safe and avoids mishaps and accidents.
- Baby carrier – This will be your saviour as your baby strapped to you will ensure that you can travel with ease. You can opt to carry the baby in front or behind and to face them inward or outward.
- Toiletries – Bath essentials for the baby are a must carry when travelling with a small child. Ensure that you carry what is needed for your child.
- Medicines – Babies have their own SOS medicines and various vitamins, etc suggested by their paediatrician, be sure to carry those along as medicals across the places you travel to may not have the same ones.
After reading this, don’t allow having a baby to stop you from travelling and exploring. Head out and introduce your child to the wide, wonderful world out there.