Here is a checklist of things to pack while backpacking to the island country of Sri Lanka which is located in the Indian Ocean. The below checklist is ideal for anyone backpacking for a duration of six days to 25 days.
– Passport. (10 Copies)
– Five passport size photographs. (4×6)
– Proof of night stay booking.
– Confirmed return ticket.
– A rucksack of minimum 50-60L capacity. (Mandatory)
– A daypack of minimum 10-20L capacity (laptop bag) to move around with ease. (Mandatory)
– Power bank minimum 10,000 mah. (Must have)
– One litre water bottle. (Must have)
– Neck Pillow (Optional)
– Head Lamp (Optional)
– Ocean Pack, Dry sack.(Optional)
– Umbrella. (Must Have)
Remember Sri Lanka is paradise for shoppers so anything extra you carry from home is going to be unwanted load to move around with.
– Four short sleeve cotton shirts or T-shirts.
– Three half & one long pant.
– Two sets of swim wear. (Must Have)
– Five sets of undergarments and socks.
– UV protected sun glares. (Must Have)
– Sun Cap. (Must have)
– Towel. (Must have)
– A pair of good walking shoes. (Must Have)
– Slippers or flip-flops. (Must Have)
– Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo sachets.
– Paper soap, Bathing soap.
– Hand sanitiser, detergent soap sachets.
– Sun screen 40-60 SPF.
– Deodorant. (Avoid glass bottle perfumes)
– Power board to charge multiple gadgets. (Must Have)
– Garbage bags to carry soiled clothes while travelling. (Must Have)
– Universal Adaptor. (Must Have)
– Mono Pod
– Gorilla Pod
– Glucose powder.(must have)
– Tablets for headaches, diarrhoea, motion and altitude sickness.
– Bandage. (Must Have)
– Medication for Allergy & Rashes.
– Medication for insect bites. (Must Have)
– Carrying at least 20 cold and throat relief lozenges proves to be a boon on the trip.(must have)
– Sprain relief plasters.
– Any personal medication that you have been advised by your doctor.(must have)
–>For a similar experience, >>Click here