Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monasteries and funny road captions.
TRIP DATES: 23rd Sept – 2nd Oct, 2018
TRIP COST: Rs 21,000 + 5% GST = Rs 22,050/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
- Travel to Srinagar
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be booked.
For booking and more information please call on the numbers mentioned below.
tlow office 1 :+91 8454961928
tlow office 2 : +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a house boat at Dal Lake.
- Spend the rest of the evening at exploring Dal Lake.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by local J&K SRTC bus.
- Visit Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into guest houses.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh. 216 km
- Check into a home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for local sight seeing by car to visit Shey– Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh in the evening.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing in Leh.
- Leave early morning by car to the villages of Diskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La. (Highest motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft) – 150 km
- Spend night in guest house/home stay in the village of Hunder.
- Post breakfast leave for the Apricot village of Turtuk. (83km =150 mins)
- Reach Turtuk by lunch time and check into our Home stay.
- Spend the rest of the evening exploring this beautiful village
- After breakfast, pack up and head to the beautiful high altitude Pangong Tso via Shayok link road. (152 km = 4-5 hours)
- Reach the Tangsey home stay by lunch time.
- Post lunch, drive 30 kms and reach Pangong Tso by 15:30 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening chilling near the beautiful Pangong Tso.
- Return to the home stay around dinner time.
- Post breakfast, pack-up from Tangsey and head back to the town of Leh via Chang-La. (120km= 4-5 hours)
- Reach Leh by 14:00 HRS and check into the same home stay for the night.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- Last day in Leh, leisure day to do anything.
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace or
- Wander through the tiny lanes of Leh.
- Pack up and leave for Srinagar by jeep at 16:00 HRS.
- Reach Srinagar by 10:00 HRS.