From the nightlife in Bangkok to the vibrant night markets in Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai and most of all, a visit to the Kayan long neck tribal village. This is an eight-day backpacking trip to the unexplored mountain region of Northern Thailand.
Trip Date: 25th September – 2nd Oct ’18
Trip Cost: Rs 20,000 + 5% GST = Rs 21,000/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 in a room depending on room size).
- Internal Travel.
- Entry fees if any.
- Bike Rental. (2 on a bike + 200 Baht fuel)
- Air-fare to Bangkok & back.
- Visa. (2000 Baht on arrival)
- Food. (200-250 Baht/day)
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
This backpacking trip will have a maximum of 15 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
tlow office 1: +91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
or mail us at: email@example.com
Minimum age requirement 18+
Things to carry:
- Valid Passport.
- 5 Passport size photos.
- 5000-7000 Bhat in cash. ( 1 Bhat = ₹2)
- Backpack. (Mandatory)
- Essentials to pack.
Note all timings mentioned below are in Thailand Standard Time (+7 GMT).
- Reach Khao-san road Bangkok by 12:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Post lunch, walk around the block and explore the nearby Buddhist temples.
- Rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave in the morning by 07:00 HRS for Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.
- Enjoy a paddle and speed boat ride through the busy canals of Bangkok.
- Return to Bangkok by noon.
- Post lunch, freshen up and leave for North-eastern bus terminal Mochit 2.
- Board an AC super deluxe bus from Bangkok to Chiang Rai by 21:00 HRS.
- Arrive in Chiang Rai by 10:00 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Post lunch, explore the town and Buddhist temples.
- Evening stroll around the vibrant night market and feast on the local delicacies.
- Post breakfast, rent a scooter and explore North Chiang Rai. (125cc | 2 on a bike)
- Visit the Kayan Karen Longneck tribe.
- Karen elephant farm and the golden triangle.
- Return back to Chiang Rai post sun down.
- Post breakfast, another day with the scooter and explore south Chiang Rai.
- Hike to a waterfall in the jungle. (2 km hike)
- Visit the white temple. (Entry fee not included)
- Return back to Chiang Rai by 17:00 HRS.
- Post breakfast, walk to the bus station 700 m.
- Board an AC semi sleeper bus from Chiang Rai to Chiang Mai at 11:00 HRS. (199 km = 210 minutes)
- Reach Chiang Mai by 14:30 HRS and check into our guest house.
- Later in the evening, explore the town on foot.
- Visit the various night markets which have a great vibe and are excellent to shop, eat and drink at.
- Post breakfast by 9:00 HRS, we hop onto a Songthaew (mini truck) and explore Chiang Mai.
- First, visit Wat Phra That (Buddhist temple) at Doi-Suthep mountain.
- Later drive to the remote Thai tribal village of Khun Chankian Hmong.
- Return back to Chiang Mai by 14:00 HRS
- Board an AC super deluxe bus from Chiang Mai to Bangkok by 21:00 HRS.
- Reach Bangkok North-eastern bus terminal Mochit 2 by 08:00 HRS.
–>For more information, >>Click here