Here is TLOW’s 13-day backpacker road trip around the North-Eastern regions of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya
TRIP COST: Rs 26,000 + 5% GST = Rs 27,300/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 4 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Air-fare to and from Guwahati.
- Permit. (AP tourism office at Guwahati airport – Rs 450/-)
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
TLOW Office 1: +91 84549 61928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have things:
• Four Passport size photographs.
• Valid ID proof with photo and address. (No Pan Card)
• Essentials to carry
- Reach Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati by 13:00 HRS.
- Board a shared sumo to Tezpur by 14:00 HRS. (185km = 4 hours)
- Reach Tezpur by 18:00 HRS and check into a guest house for the night.
- Spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Leave in the morning by 06:00 HRS to the town of Dirang by shared sumo. (190km = 4 hours)
- Reach the high altitude river-side town and check into our guest house for the night.
- Post lunch, visit the river bank, town monastery and hot sulphur spring.
- Evening at leisure.
- Hop onto a shared sumo by 07:30 HRS for an adventurous and bumpy ride to the village of Tawang crossing the famous Sela Pass 13,746 ASL. (141km = 5 hours)
- Reach Tawang by 13:00 HRS and check into our guest house in the main market area.
- Post lunch, walk to the Tawang Gompa, the largest monastery in India.
- Also visit the museum and war memorial.
- Spend the rest of the evening, strolling through the market area.
- Post breakfast, leave for the high altitude lakes around Tawang.
- First visit the Indo-China border at Bumla.
- Then drive to the famous Shungetsar Lake also known as Madhuri Lake by the locals.
- On the return back, visit the majestic P.Tso lake.
- Return back to Tawang by 17:00 HRS.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the flea market.
- Board a shared sumo by 06:00 HRS and return back via Sela Pass for a night halt at the town of Bomdila. (170km = 6 hours)
- Reach Bomdila by noon and check into a guest houses.
- Walk around this tiny town and experience the Buddhist life.
- Visit the Gompas or sit and watch the sunset or a game of football at the Buddha stadium.
- Board a shared sumo by 10:00 HRS to the town of Bhalukpong. (97km = 3 hours)
- Reach Bhalukpong by 13:00 HRS and check into a guest house for the night.
- Spend the last evening in Arunachal Pradesh along the Kameng river.
- River rafting in the Kameng river. (Additional Cost)
- Board a shared sumo by 06:00 HRS to Guwahati. (228km = 5 hours)
- Reach Paltan Bazaar, Guwahati by 12:00 HRS and hop onto a shared jeep to Shillong. (99km = 3.5 hours)
- Reach Shillong by 17:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Post breakfast, head to the Indo-Bangladesh open border town of Dawki. (82km = 2.5 hours)
- After the boat ride leave by jeep for Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia.
- Also visit the living root bridge in the nearby village of Riwai.
- Return back to Shillong by 19;00 HRS.
- Post breakfast, leave by jeep for a day trip to Cherrapunji.(54km = 1.5 hours)
- Visit the Seven sister falls and Mawsmai Caves.
- Return back to Shillong by sundown.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the bazaar.
- Hop onto a shared jeep from Police Bazaar at 08:00 HRS.
- Reach Guwahati Paltan Bazaar by 11:00 HRS.
- Board a bus to Kaziranga National Park by 1300 hrs. (193km = 4 hours)
- Reach by 19:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the evening at leisure.
- Leave for an early morning jeep safari in Kaziranga National Park and spot the one-horned rhino of Assam.
- Post breakfast, leave for Majuli– the largest river island in the world.
- Reach Jorhat by bus and take a two-hour ferry ride from Nemati Ghat to Kamlabari at Majuli.
- Check in to a tribal bamboo hut homestay.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby villages.
- After breakfast, visit the villages of the Missing tribe, Deori tribe and Sunuwal Kosari tribe and try the local rice beer first hand.
- Post lunch, leave for Jorhat and then an overnight bus/train ride to Guwahati around 19:00 HRS.
- Arrive at Guwahati early in the morning.
–>For a similar experience, >>Click here