Here is The Land Out There’s blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh-Ladakh during the peak of winter season. During this time one can see Ladakh’s natural beauty at its best, with snow capped mountains and the cold dessert covered in snow. The nights are longer and the days are majestic. Experience Ladakh like never before.
Trip cost: Rs 16,000/–
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Internal Travel in Ladakh.
- Entry Fee.
- Air fare to Leh-Ladakh & back.
Anything not mentioned in the inclusion section.
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 travelers and a minimum of 6 travellers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello: +91 9833494963
If the above two numbers are out of reach please call:
Things to carry:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 3 copies. (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack. (No other kind of bag will be allowed on the trip)
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Leh by 12 noon and check into an authentic Ladakhi home stay at Leh.
- Spend the rest of the day acclimatising to the sub-zero temperature in the room.
- Early in the morning, take a SUV/Tempo traveller and leave for a visit to the famous monasteries of Hemis, Thiksey and Shey.
- Return back to the home stay post lunch.
- Evening walk to the Leh Palace and explore the local winter markets in Leh.
- After breakfast, leave for the festival at Matho monastery and witness the culture, colour and music of Ladakh.
- Return back to Leh around tea time.
- Spend the rest of the evening, at leisure.
- Post breakfast, visit Pathar Sahib Gurudwara, magnetic hills and the Kargil War Memorial- Hall of Fame in Sham Valley.
- Walk to the Japanese built Shanti stupa in the evening.
- Leave early in the morning after breakfast for the village of Chilling and take a 30 min frozen river walk on the mighty River Zanskar.
- Return to Leh around 16:00 HRS and spend the rest of the evening at leisure.
- Post breakfast, leave for Leh Airport to return back in time for the flight.