Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monastery’s and funny road captions.
TRIP COST: Rs 13,500/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be booked.
The trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers & a minimum of 6.
For booking and more information please call on the numbers mentioned below.
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963
Denver Rodrigues: +91 9819872686
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Backpack is mandatory on the trip.
- Essentials to pack
- Reach Srinagar by 15:00 HRS latest.
- Check into a house boat at Dal Lake for the night.
- Take a shikara ride in the Dal Lake.
- Leave early in the morning by 07:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by local J&K SRTC bus via Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Lunch at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into a guest house.
- Board an early morning bus 04:30 HRS from Kargil to Leh 216 km = 8 – 10 hours.
- Check into an authentic Ladakhi home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- Leave early in the morning for a 2 hour drive to Khardung LA (The highest motorable road in the world. 18,380 ASL).
- Return back to Leh, the same evening.
- After breakfast, leave for the monasteries around Leh by SUV/Tempo traveller to visit Shey – Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh around tea time.
- Board a SUV/Tempo traveller and head back to Srinagar by 17:00 HRS.
- Reach Srinagar by 09:00 HRS.