Budget backpackers’ off beat road trip to Leh-Ladakh & Zanskar Valley in 14 days
Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through the Trans-Himalayan region of Ladakh, Lahaul and Zanksar Valley, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, beautiful monastery and extreme remote villages.
Trip Date: 5th-18th August 2017
TRIP COST: Rs 28,500 + 5% GST = Rs 29,925/-
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
- Accommodation ( 3 to 6 in a room)
- Travel begins at Srinagar and ends at New Delhi
- Entry/Festival Fee
- White water rafting
- Anything not mentioned above
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello: +91 9833494963| +91 8275457702
Tlow Office: +91 9004594935/+91 8454961928
or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along
- Valid Photo id proof with address & 5 photo copies. (No Pan card)
- Backpack is compulsory.
- Essentials to pack.
- Reach Srinagar by 14:00 HRS and check into a houses boat at Dal Lake.
- Take shikara ride around the Dal Lake.
- Leave early in the morning by 06:00 HRS for the town of Kargil by J&K SRTC bus via Sonmarg known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’.
- Tea at Drass, the 2nd coldest inhabited place in the world.
- En-route have a magnificent view of the famous war peaks of Kargil (Tololing, Tiger Hill).
- Reach Kargil by 17:00 HRS.
- Check into a guest house.
- Leave early in the morning by jeep/bus for a long 12 hour drive to the village of Padum in Zanskar Valley 231 km.
- En-route visit the village of Sanko, Panikhar, Parkachik.
- Stop for lunch in the beautiful village of Rangdum and also visit the village monastery.
- Reach Padum by 17:00 HRS and check into guest house/home stay.
- After breakfast, leave for local sight seeing, visit the Zankari village of Zangla and Zangla Palace.
- Hike to the beautiful hill monastery of Stongdey. 40 minutes hike.
- Return back to Padum by evening.
- Post breakfast, walk/hike around the village of Padum. OR
- Explore the nearby monasteries.
- Leave early morning to return back to Kargil.
- Stop for lunch at the village of Rangdum.
- Reach Kargil by 16:00 HRS.
- Check into a guest house.
- Board an early morning bus from Kargil to Leh. 216 km= 8-12 hours
- Check into an authentic Ladakhi home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day wandering the streets of Leh.
- Post breakfast, leave for either of the two options listed below.
- Go white water rafting in the mighty River Zanskar, starting from the village of Chilling and ending at the confluence. 28km
- Visit the famous Hemis Monastery and visit the Himalayan Kumbh Mela near by. (Held once every 12 years)
- Leave early morning by SUV/Tempo traveller to the villages of Diskit and Hunder in Nubra Valley via Khardung La. (Highest motorable road in the World, 18,380 ft) 150 km= 4-5 hours
- Drive straight to the apricot village of Tur-Tuk, 80km= 3-4 hours from Hunder.
- Spend time in the village roaming through the lanes, eating apricot & get a glimpse of Mount of K2 from the village monastery.
- After breakfast, leave for the sand dunes in Hunder.
- Visit the village monastery in Diskit.
- Head back to Leh by same route, crossing Khardung La Pass.
- Reach Leh post noon. Check into the same guest house.
- Spend the rest of the evening in Leh or unwind in the guest house.
- Leave early in the morning by SUV/Tempo traveller for the picturesque lake of Tso-Moriri via Tso Kar. 250km = 10-12 hours.
- Spend the night in a home stay in the village of Korzok.
- Leave early in the morning by SUV/ Tempo traveller for a a 450 km drive from Tso-Moriri to Manali via Baralacha La and Rohtang La. (14-16 hours drive)
- Reach Manali post sun down and check into a guest house for the night.
- Spend the day chilling in old or New Manali.
- Board the HRTC Volvo bus from Manali to New Delhi in the evening by 17:00 HRS.
- Reach ISBT New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.