Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a road trip through Lahaul & Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh, which is also known as the world within a world because of its absolute remoteness.
Trip Dates:15th-25th July 2017
23rd Sept – 3rd Oct 2017
Trip Cost: Rs 22,000 + 9% ST = Rs 23,980/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963
or mail us at: email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack (No other kind of bag will be allowed on the trip)
- Essentials to pack
- Board an AC HRTC bus from ISBT New Delhi to Bhuntur at 21:30 HRS.
- Reach Bhuntur by 09:30 HRS and board a bus to Kasol.
- Reach Kasol around 11:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the rest of the day relaxing by the Parvati after a long journey.
- Leave early in the morning by 04:30 HRS for the town of Kalpa in Kinnaur Valley.
- Reach Kalpa around tea time.
- Check into a guest house for the night.
- Leave in the morning by 07:00 HRS for the village of Nako on the border of Kinnaur and Spiti Valley.
- Reach Nako by lunch and explore the Beautiful Nako village and Holy Lake.
- Later leave for the village of Tabo in Spiti Valley.
- En route visit the village of Gue, where a Lama has been mummified, naturally.
- Reach the village of Tabo by 17:00 HRS, 63 Km drive and check into the monastery guest house.
- Post breakfast, visit the 1000 year old Tabo Monastery and later hike to the meditation caves, wander through the arid village of Tabo.
- At 10:00 HRS leave for the cliff village of Dhankar 32km drive.
- Reach Dhankar and check into guest house/home stay.
- Visit the cliff monastery and the Dhankar village.
- Post breakfast, hike to the breathtaking Dhankar Lake 2 hr hike.
- After lunch, leave for the town of Kaza 8km drive.
- Check into a guest house and visit the local bazaar, monastery.
- After breakfast, leave for the hill monastery Key Gompa.
- Later visit the village of Komik (Highest village in the world) 22km drive.
- Visit the village and the Monastery of Komik.
- Enroute visit the village of Hikkim (Highest post office in the world)
- Spend a night in our humble Spitian home stay in the fossil village Langza .
- Post breakfast drive to the village of Losar visit the Monastery and head straight to the beautiful lake of Chandar Tal and also cross the high altitude pass Kunzum La.
- Reach Chandar Tal around Noon and check into our campsite.
- Post lunch, hike to the beautiful Chandar Tal and return back around sun down.
- Rest of the evening at leisure.
- Post breakfast, head back to the town of Manali.
- Reach Manali by tea time and check into our guest house in old Manali.
- Spend the rest of the evening unwinding in a cafe or strolling through the streets of Manali.
- Last day in the Himalayas.
- Spend the first half of the day exploring Manali.
- Board a HRTC AC bus from Manali to New Delhi by 17:00 HRS.
- Reach New Delhi by 09:00 HRS.