Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint for a road trip through the trans-Himalayan region of Leh-Ladakh, which is also known for its barren rugged mountains, splendid monasteries and funny road captions.
Trip Dates: 26th July to 4th August 2017
Trip Cost: Rs 22,000/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
- Anything not mentioned above
This road trip will have a maximum of 12 backpackers
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
For booking & more information please contact us on the numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963
or mail us at: or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to carry along:
- Valid Photo id proof with address – 5 copies (No Pan card)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Backpack. (No other kind of bag will be allowed on the trip)
- Essentials to pack.
- Reach Manali by 09:00 HRS, check into a guest house at Old Manali.
- Post lunch, wander through the streets of Old Manali.
- Leave early in the morning by local HRTC bus to cross the world famous, Rothang Pass and the reach the town of Keylong 118km= 6-7 hours.
- Spend night in a guest house.
- Take the early morning 05:00 HRS HRTC bus for Leh 358km= 14-16 hours.
- Reach Leh after 18:00 HRS and check into our authentic Ladakhi home stay.
- Spend rest of the evening relaxing.
- After breakfast, leave for local sight seeing by SUV/Tempo traveller.
- Visit the monasteries of Shey – Thiksay – Hemis.
- Return back to Leh in the evening.
- Leave early in the morning by 08:00 HRS by SUV/Tempo traveller to visit the villages of Hunder and Diskit in Nubra Valley via Khardung La ( Highest motorable road in the world, 18,380 ft). (130km = 5-7 hours)
- Post lunch, visit the sand dunes in Diskit and later visit Diskit Monastery.
- En-route stop at the sand dunes, home of the double humped camels in Hunder.
- Spend the night in a guest house in Hunder.
- After breakfast, pack up and head to the beautiful high altitude Pangong Tso. (152km = 5-7 hours)
- Reach the lake by tea time.
- Check into a very basic tented accommodation for the night.
- Spend the rest of the evening camping near the beautiful Pangong Tso.
- Post breakfast, pack-up from Pangong Tso head back to the town of Leh via Man Mirak. (150km= 5-7hours)
- Reach Leh by by 14:00 HRS and check into the same home stay for the night.
- Rest of the day at leisure.
- Last day in Leh, leisure day to do anything or
- Spend the day by visiting Tsemo – Leh Palace.
- Pack up and leave for Srinagar by jeep at 16:00 HRS.
- Reach Srinagar by 08:00 HRS.