7 Days backpacker blueprint: Assam & Meghalaya
Here is The Land Of Wanderlust’s blueprint to a backpacking road trip around the North Eastern states of Assam and Meghalaya. In Assam, we will backpack to Majuli, the largest river island in the world and Kaziranga National Park – the home of the one horn rhino. While in Meghalaya, we will make Shillong our base and visit the cleanest village in Asia and the living root bridge.
TRIP DATES: 22nd – 28th Oct ’18 | 17th – 23rd Nov ’18 | 10th -16th Dec’18
TRIP COST: Rs 16,000 + 5% GST = Rs 16,800/-
- Accommodation. (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee.
- Air-fare to and from Guwahati.
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This road trip will have a minimum of six backpacker.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
tlow office :+91 8454961928
TLOW Office 2: +91 9004594935
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must have things:
• Four Passport size photographs.
• Valid ID proof with photo and address. (No Pan Card)
• Essentials to carry
- Reach Guwahati at Paltan Bazaar by 13:00 HRS.
- Board a bus to Kaziranga National Park. (193km = 4 hours)
- Reach by 19:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the evening at leisure.
- Leave for an early morning jeep safari in Kaziranga National Park and spot the one horned rhino of Assam.
- Post breakfast, leave for Majuli– the largest river island in the world.
- Reach Jorhat by bus and take a two hour ferry ride from Nemati Ghat to Kamlabari at Majuli.
- Check in to a tribal bamboo hut home stay.
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby villages.
- After breakfast, visit the villages of the Missing tribe, Deori tribe and Sunuwal Kosari tribe and try the local rice beer first hand.
- Post lunch, leave for Jorhat and then an overnight bus/train ride to Guwahati around 19:00 HRS.
- Arrive at Guwahati early in the morning and hop onto a shared jeep to Shillong. (99km = 3.5 hours)
- Reach Shillong by 10:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Post lunch, leave for local site seeing and visit Wards Lake, Butterfly Museum.
- Visit Bara Bazaar, the local Kashi market.
- Post breakfast, head to the Indo-Bangladesh open border town of Dawki. (82km = 2.5 hours)
- After the boat ride leave by jeep for Mowlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia.
- Also visit the living root bridge in the nearby village of Riwai.
- Return back to Shillong by 19;00 HRS.
- Post breakfast, leave by jeep for a day trip to Cherapunji.(54km = 1.5 hours)
- Visit the Seven sister falls and Mawsmai Caves.
- Return back to Shillong by sundown.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the bazaar.
- Hop onto a shared jeep from Police Bazaar at 08:00 HRS.
- Reach Guwahati Paltan Bazaar by 11:00 HRS.