Here is The Land Of Wanderlust blueprint to a backpacking road trip around the North Eastern states of Assam and Meghalaya. In Assam we will backpack to Majuli the largest river island in the world and Kaziranga national park the home of the one horn Rhino. While in Meghalaya we will make Shillong our base and visit the cleanest village in Asia and the living root bridge.
TRIP DATES: 2nd-8th April 2017
TRIP COST: Rs 15,000/-
- Accommodation (3 to 6 based on room size)
- Entry Fee
- Air-fare to and from Guwahati
Only on payment of 50% of the trip cost will a seat be confirmed.
This road trip will have a minimum of six backpacker.
For more information please contact us on the phone numbers mentioned below:
Sherwin Rebello : +91 9833494963
Or mail us at: email@example.com
Must have things:
• Four Passport size photographs
• Valid ID proof with photo and address. (No Pan Card)
• Essentials to carry
Terms & Conditions
- Reach Guwahati at Paltan bazaar by 13:00 HRS
- Board a bus to Kaziranga national park. (193km = 4 hours)
- Reach bu 19:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Spend the evening at leisure.
- Leave for an early morning jeep safari and spot the one horned rhino of Assam.
- Post breakfast leave for Majuli– the largest river island in the world.
- Reach Jorhat by bus and take a two hour ferry ride from Nemati ghat to Kamlabari at Majuli.
- Check in to a tribal bamboo hut home stay
- Spend the rest of the day exploring the nearby villages.
- After breakfast visit the villages of the Missing tribe, Deori tribe and Sunuwal kosari tribe and try the local rice beer first hand.
- Post lunch leave for Jorhat and then an overnight bus/train ride to Guwahati around 19:00HRS.
- Arrive at Guwahati early in the morning and hop onto a shared jeep to Shillong. (99km = 3.5 hours)
- Reach Shillong by 10:00 HRS and check into a guest house.
- Post lunch leave for local site seeing and visit Wards Lake, Butterfly Museum.
- Visit Bara Bazaar the local Kashi market.
- Post breakfast leave by jeep for Mowlynnong the cleanest village in Asia. (78km = 2.5 hours)
- Also visit the living root bridge in the nearby village of Riwai.
- Return back to Shillon by early evening.
- Post breakfast leave by jeep for a day trip to Cherapunji .(54km = 1.5 hours)
- Visit the Seven sister falls and Mawsmai Caves.
- Return back to Shillong by sundown.
- Spend the rest of the evening shopping in the bazaar.
- Hop onto a shared Jeep from Police Bazaar at 07:00 HRS
- Reach Guwahati Paltan Bazaar by 11:00HRS